From Dual View to single view

I have a Geforce4 4200Ti and I was running two monitors with Dual View.
Unfortunately, one of the monitors has gone pop.

I have an application which I always had on the second monitor but
always refused Ctrl-1 or Ctrl-2 to change monitors and there was
nothing in the right-click context menu to change monitors. Dragging
the window was the only thing that worked.

I want to move this application back to monitor 1 but I can't seem to
do it.

I tried renaming it but it still starts on monitor 2.

I uninstalled my Leadtek drivers and installed the latest v7 Nvidia
drivers.

When I select Profile Properties from the Quick Tweak tray icon the
monitor goes blank and I can't get it back.

Any suggestions?

Rich

Good luck is all I can tell you, had this happen to me with Excel spread
sheet tried everything I could to get it back to mon 1 what finally worked
was a hope and prayer and moused over to where the old monitor was a few
times and was able to drag part of it back to mon 1. Then resized in mon 1
pressed shift and closed Excel and all was good after that.

Rich

"Worleytogo" <worleytogo@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a Geforce4 4200Ti and I was running two monitors with Dual View.
> Unfortunately, one of the monitors has gone pop.
>
> I have an application which I always had on the second monitor but
> always refused Ctrl-1 or Ctrl-2 to change monitors and there was
> nothing in the right-click context menu to change monitors. Dragging
> the window was the only thing that worked.
>
> I want to move this application back to monitor 1 but I can't seem to
> do it.
>
> I tried renaming it but it still starts on monitor 2.
>
> I uninstalled my Leadtek drivers and installed the latest v7 Nvidia
> drivers.
>
> When I select Profile Properties from the Quick Tweak tray icon the
> monitor goes blank and I can't get it back.
>
> Any suggestions?

"Worleytogo" <worleytogo@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a Geforce4 4200Ti and I was running two monitors with Dual View.
> Unfortunately, one of the monitors has gone pop.
>
> I have an application which I always had on the second monitor but
> always refused Ctrl-1 or Ctrl-2 to change monitors and there was
> nothing in the right-click context menu to change monitors. Dragging
> the window was the only thing that worked.
>
> I want to move this application back to monitor 1 but I can't seem to
> do it.
>
> I tried renaming it but it still starts on monitor 2.
>
> I uninstalled my Leadtek drivers and installed the latest v7 Nvidia
> drivers.
>
> When I select Profile Properties from the Quick Tweak tray icon the
> monitor goes blank and I can't get it back.
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you definitely flipped the drivers back to single monitor mode?

If so, start the app. Press Alt+Space together, and then press M (this
brings up the window control menu, and chooses the Move option). You still
won't be able to see it, but at least then you use the cursor keys to try to
bring it back onto the desktop (if you remember roughly where it used to
open, eg. if your 2nd monitor was on the right, use the left cursor key to
drag it back to the desktop).

The other way would be to find out where it stores it's window location
co-ords and reset them. This could be in a configuration file (eg. .ini in
the app installed dir), in the registry, or in some obscure binary file. The
first 2 should be easy to adjust, the latter practically impossible.

Dan

Dan,

Spot on with the Alt+space and M - it worked a treat.

Cheers.

> Dan,
>
> Spot on with the Alt+space and M - it worked a treat.

Glad I was able help :)

Dan

Can't you just go to display settings, and uncheck "extend my desktop" or
whatever the exact wording is from the second monitor? I run 6 monitors and
this works for me.

Dave P

"Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
> Good luck is all I can tell you, had this happen to me with Excel spread
> sheet tried everything I could to get it back to mon 1 what finally worked
> was a hope and prayer and moused over to where the old monitor was a few
> times and was able to drag part of it back to mon 1. Then resized in mon 1
> pressed shift and closed Excel and all was good after that.
>
> Rich
>

> "Worleytogo" <worleytogo@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I have a Geforce4 4200Ti and I was running two monitors with Dual View.
>> Unfortunately, one of the monitors has gone pop.
>>
>> I have an application which I always had on the second monitor but
>> always refused Ctrl-1 or Ctrl-2 to change monitors and there was
>> nothing in the right-click context menu to change monitors. Dragging
>> the window was the only thing that worked.
>>
>> I want to move this application back to monitor 1 but I can't seem to
>> do it.
>>
>> I tried renaming it but it still starts on monitor 2.
>>
>> I uninstalled my Leadtek drivers and installed the latest v7 Nvidia
>> drivers.
>>
>> When I select Profile Properties from the Quick Tweak tray icon the
>> monitor goes blank and I can't get it back.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

I quit reading too soon. Guess you got it