BIOS for eVGA 6800 GT

Just got this, and was wonderinf if there's any way to update the BIOS on
the video card itself? evga says they don't offer it. Any other way?

Thanks!

--
Michael Sovitzky
MCSE: W2K

"Michael Sovitzky" <msovitzky@c-gconsulting.com> wrote in message
> Just got this, and was wonderinf if there's any way to update the BIOS on
> the video card itself?

Why the "need" to update the BIOS?

> evga says they don't offer it. Any other way?

Do you feel that EVGA is misleading you?

*If it aint broke, don't fix it. (especially BIOS)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 00:06:13 GMT, "Michael Sovitzky"
<msovitzky@c-gconsulting.com> wrote:

>Just got this, and was wonderinf if there's any way to update the BIOS on
>the video card itself? evga says they don't offer it. Any other way?

Want a pretty (and very expensive) door-stop ????

Got a good reason for updating the BIOS ?

I have owned at least 7 generations of "performance"video cards,
with several variants of each generation and in multiple computers,
starting with Voodoo1. Never ever updated BIOS. Update drivers -- yes,
very frequently. Use Coolbits or other Overclocking tools..... most
certainly....

John Lewis

>Thanks!
>
>--
>Michael Sovitzky
>MCSE: W2K

"Michael Sovitzky" <msovitzky@c-gconsulting.com> wrote in message
> Just got this, and was wonderinf if there's any way to update the
> BIOS on the video card itself? evga says they don't offer it. Any
> other way?
> Thanks!

I also have an eVGA 6800 GT. I don't know if the BIOS is even
flashable. I gotta wonder why you'd want to update it?
McG.