Which card is best ?

Which card of these is best and by how significant is the difference
and what brand is most popular.

Geforce 6600 256mb
Geforce 6600 GT 128mb

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:17:47 +0100, AndyNoSpam
<andynospam@zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Which card of these is best and by how significant is the difference
>and what brand is most popular.
>

>Geforce 6600 256mb
>Geforce 6600 GT 128mb

The 6600GT is better. It has 128MB less memory, but it's core,
and memory speeds are clocked higher. It uses DDR3 memory, while the
plain 6600 uses DDR. Also. Some plain 6600 cards may have a 64bit
memory bus instead of 128bit, which would make it even less of a
performer. All 6600GT cards are 128bit.
I never owened the plain 6600, so I can't say how much of a
difference the 6600GT over it, but there are many reviews on the 6600.

The 6600 256 mb has twice as much RAM.
The 6600GT 128 mb is clocked faster.
Now, define best for us.

--