I'm doing the first LS race that involves cars, starting outside
Ammunation and going up the hill past Mad Dogg's crib.

As soon as I get down the hill from Richman into Rodeo and cross the
road, the screen goes a funny colour and the GPU crashes.

I have tried turning left before going up the hill, but then it crashes
when I go past Burger Shot.

Phil Hibbs.

I tried turning down all the graphics options, changing down to 16-bit
colours stopped the weird screen effects and the GPU exception from
occurring, but the game still crashed. I'm going to try new ATI drivers
as soon as I can get them to install.

Phil Hibbs.

>Do you have plenty of normal memory aswell Phil? Just a thunk

Just the one gigabyte I'm afraid.

Phil Hibbs.

Do you have ATI?

I have GPU crashes every so often but the drivers fix themselves up and
the game continues.

One of the joys of owning ATI cards.

T.

>...the [ATI] drivers fix themselves up and the game continues.

Mine don't. I'm trying to update the drivers at the mo, but it fails to
install because there is no VGA driver installed, and Windows can't
find the "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" driver anywhere.

Phil Hibbs.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

snark wrote:

> >Do you have plenty of normal memory aswell Phil? Just a thunk
>
> Just the one gigabyte I'm afraid.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

That's 500 more than me :O) I only put that much on for SIMS2 and it
still slows down. I am not happy with my old NVidia card so I won't
even attempt to run SA on it. It can't even run NFSU, where an older
ATI card which was smaller could do so but crashed.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

I'm so close to 100% it hurts. I'm sure I can do the "Vinewood" race, I
have got to the bottom of the hill in first place about five times now
but the game crashes every time.

Can someone download this game save and do that damn race for me and
email it back please:
http://www.hibbs.me.uk/GTASAsf5.b

I think I just have one other race to do, because I want to see the
"100%" message myself, and that's it! I will go back and do "Vinewood"
if I get my GPU to stop crashing, or if I can find my install disc and
load it onto a friend's PC.

Phil Hibbs.