can't connect onto msn sites/messenger

I'm running XP home on my notebook and Win98 on my desktop. I am accessing the net via a Linksys 4 port router and DSL.

When I turn on my notebook, at the login screen, it says that "A: duplicate user exists on this network".
When I start up MSN messenger or when I try to access hotmail or any other MSN site that needs my passport.net login and password, it states that the user does not exist or that the password is wrong.

I have tried my msn username and password on my desktop and it works fine. So that's not the problem.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about connect sites messenger

    In article <E0029698-7D9C-4D81-82E3-995F624AC22A@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?=" <grandmasterchan@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >I'm running XP home on my notebook and Win98 on my desktop. I am accessing the
    > net via a Linksys 4 port router and DSL.
    >
    >When I turn on my notebook, at the login screen, it says that "A: duplicate
    > user exists on this network".
    >When I start up MSN messenger or when I try to access hotmail or any other MSN
    > site that needs my passport.net login and password, it states that the user
    > does not exist or that the password is wrong.
    >
    >I have tried my msn username and password on my desktop and it works fine. So
    > that's not the problem.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Try logging off MSN from the desktop, then log on via the laptop, see if
    this solves the problem.

MSN Wireless Networking