dual view with lcd monitor and lcd tv

I have a pc with a geforce 4 mx 4000 with vga out and S-Video out. I've
purchased an LCD TV for the S-Video out and enabling dual view in clone mode
does indeed give me output to both my monitor and to the TV.

However, the quality of picture on the TV is not so good. Text is so blurry
that it is unreadable on the TV. I'm assuming this has to do with the fact
that the LCD TV is displaying an interlaced picture and the video card is
not producing one (though the TV is detected correctly as a TV).

I've played with sharpness, digital vibrance, gamma, contrast etc and can't
seem to improve the display. Is there anything I can do to improve the
display to the TV?

twobirds wrote:

> I have a pc with a geforce 4 mx 4000 with vga out and S-Video out. I've
> purchased an LCD TV for the S-Video out and enabling dual view in clone
> mode does indeed give me output to both my monitor and to the TV.
>
> However, the quality of picture on the TV is not so good. Text is so
> blurry
> that it is unreadable on the TV. I'm assuming this has to do with the
> fact that the LCD TV is displaying an interlaced picture and the video
> card is not producing one (though the TV is detected correctly as a TV).
>
> I've played with sharpness, digital vibrance, gamma, contrast etc and
> can't
> seem to improve the display. Is there anything I can do to improve the
> display to the TV?

Using S-video, NO. What you are seeing is characteristic of the performance
of NTSC video for computer output.

The only way you are going to improve the image quality is to go to a VGA,
DVI, or component connection instead of s-video.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Switch to 640x480 and see if it's better.

--
40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
iPlay : the ultimate audio player for mobiles

hel@40th.com wrote:
> Switch to 640x480 and see if it's better.

The native res of the LCD TV is 1024X768, but I'll give it a try.