Lost my DVD

I wanted to try GTA:SA without the 'no disc' crack last night, but I
couldn't find my disc anywhere. Bum.

I'm not asking for warz0red downlaodz, just tea and sympathy. Well,
just sympathy, really, 'cos I've got a cup of tea right here.

Slurp.

Phil Hibbs.
15 answers Last reply
More about lost

    I've got a no-cd crack, I actually want to run the game in its
    original, un-cracked, un-hacked state to check whether a crash problem
    is related to the no-disc crack! I genuinely /don't/ want any warez
    this time!

    Phil Hibbs.

    > I genuinely /don't/ want any warez this time!

    Sorry, my bad. ;)

    --
    Brian J. Nielsen - http://bachfire.homepage.dk
    For at maile mig privat, brug da "email.dk" efter @

    I genuinely /don't/ want any warez
    > this time!

    Bah, that's what you get for faffing around with the PC versions.

    Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2 version again (+play with a
    REAL controller)?
    ;)

    I think you can get an adapter.

    Phil Hibbs.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On 25 Aug 2005 23:15:49 -0700, "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:

    >Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2 version again (+play with a
    >REAL controller)?

    What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <430ebddb$0$1145$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>
    Martin Ebnoether <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

    > > What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?
    >
    > Who wants THAT anyway?

    I certainly don't. I invested a lot of time playing the GTA games
    before their subsequent PC releases and find the PC system to difficult
    to learn after getting used to the PS2 control system layout.

    I have no problem mapping my PS2 PC gamepad and playing it that way,
    but the targetting system really suffers, even worse than GTAIII's
    "auto-target" (Which means all the guns take a real dislike to the wall
    behind the main character).

    The PC control system is excellent for FPS like Doom and Quake though.
    I can't play Quake any other way after using the grappling hook mods
    and things on the old Quake net servers.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Andrew schrieb:

    >>Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2 version again (+play with a
    >>REAL controller)?
    >

    > What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?

    Who wants THAT anyway?

    CU, Venty
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White schrieb:

    Hi Rob.

    >>>What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?
    >>
    >>Who wants THAT anyway?
    >
    > I certainly don't. I invested a lot of time playing the GTA games
    > before their subsequent PC releases and find the PC system to difficult
    > to learn after getting used to the PS2 control system layout.
    >
    > I have no problem mapping my PS2 PC gamepad and playing it that way,
    > but the targetting system really suffers, even worse than GTAIII's
    > "auto-target" (Which means all the guns take a real dislike to the wall
    > behind the main character).
    >
    > The PC control system is excellent for FPS like Doom and Quake though.
    > I can't play Quake any other way after using the grappling hook mods
    > and things on the old Quake net servers.

    Though, after having posted my previous message, I remembered
    having seen some sort of adaptor for the PS2 which lets you use a
    keyboard and mouse for ego-shooters.

    Here it is, the Smartjoy Frag:
    http://www.playstationpro2.com/reviews/2004/smartjoy_frag_review.html

    The german magazine "PlayZone" reviewed it, found it working
    perfectly and raised the question if this would give the users an
    unfair advantage in online games.

    CU, Venty
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <430ee0aa$0$1161$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>
    Martin Ebnoether <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

    > Rob White schrieb:
    >
    > Hi Rob.

    Hi Venty.

    > Here it is, the Smartjoy Frag:
    > http://www.playstationpro2.com/reviews/2004/smartjoy_frag_review.html

    I was going mention in my last post about the possibility of using some
    other sort of peripheral in the USB ports (The Logitech mouse plugs
    into either of those), but the memory card slots? That's a nifty bit of
    kit.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2
    > version again (+play with a REAL controller)?

    You're right. I have PS2 and PC versions, as well as Xbox version. Right now
    I play on the Xbox, but I miss the PS2 controls.. Helicopters are weird to
    control on Xbox. And pressing white+black buttons to look behind, is really
    hard (would require a big thumb, to do it with one finger). And doing
    drive-by's, is also very akward - you don't have enough fingers!!! :-(

    Can you use a PS2 comtroller with the Xbox, and have PS2 controls in GTA..??
    Anyone?

    --
    Brian J. Nielsen - http://bachfire.homepage.dk
    For at maile mig privat, brug da "email.dk" efter @
    To mail me in private, simply use "email.dk" after the @
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White schrieb:

    Hi Rob.

    >>Here it is, the Smartjoy Frag:
    >>http://www.playstationpro2.com/reviews/2004/smartjoy_frag_review.html
    >

    > I was going mention in my last post about the possibility of using some
    > other sort of peripheral in the USB ports (The Logitech mouse plugs
    > into either of those), but the memory card slots? That's a nifty bit of
    > kit.

    The USB Ports in the PS2 are pretty useless. Almost no official
    applications (Games) for it. There is USB-Advance which is like
    HD-Advance for slimline PS2 Users. You just use a USB-HD instead
    of one attached to the IDE connector of the ethernet module.

    CU, Venty
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    [ ThrashDK ] schrieb:

    > Can you use a PS2 comtroller with the Xbox, and have PS2 controls in GTA..??
    > Anyone?

    I thought there exist converter cables. Auntie Google may help.

    CU, Venty
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <430f2281$0$1151$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>
    Martin Ebnoether <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

    > The USB Ports in the PS2 are pretty useless. Almost no official
    > applications (Games) for it. There is USB-Advance which is like
    > HD-Advance for slimline PS2 Users. You just use a USB-HD instead
    > of one attached to the IDE connector of the ethernet module.

    Can you get these for a PAL PS2? I was considering installing one due
    to the load times on some of my existing games (And quite a few new ones
    when it comes to that).

    I'll have a good old look later on. I think there's a few documents on
    Gamefaqs under the 'Hardware FAQs' menu about extra peripherals.

    Oh, and I didn't spot that the keyboard/mouse wotsit plugs into the
    *controller* port until after I posted. It's time for the wet fish
    again for Robbo :o)

    Cheers,
    Rob
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White schrieb:

    Hi Rob.

    >>The USB Ports in the PS2 are pretty useless. Almost no official
    >>applications (Games) for it. There is USB-Advance which is like
    >>HD-Advance for slimline PS2 Users. You just use a USB-HD instead
    >>of one attached to the IDE connector of the ethernet module.
    >
    > Can you get these for a PAL PS2? I was considering installing one due
    > to the load times on some of my existing games (And quite a few new ones
    > when it comes to that).

    I think so. At least I have HD Advance with IDE Disk and it works
    so great I will never give it away.

    > I'll have a good old look later on. I think there's a few documents on
    > Gamefaqs under the 'Hardware FAQs' menu about extra peripherals.

    About HD Advance find Infos here -> http://www.hdadvance.com/

    CU, Venty
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > I've got a no-cd crack, I actually want to run the game in its
    > original, un-cracked, un-hacked state to check whether a crash problem
    > is related to the no-disc crack! I genuinely /don't/ want any warez
    > this time!
    >
    > Phil Hibbs.

    I'm sure R* has some media replacement policy for a low cost, as long as you
    can provide proof of purchase...

DVD Games Video Games