Lost my DVD

Last response: in Video Games
August 25, 2005 12:26:34 PM

I wanted to try GTA:SA without the 'no disc' crack last night, but I
couldn't find my disc anywhere. Bum.

I'm not asking for warz0red downlaodz, just tea and sympathy. Well,
just sympathy, really, 'cos I've got a cup of tea right here.

Slurp.

Phil Hibbs.

More about : lost dvd

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:38:26 PM

I've got a no-cd crack, I actually want to run the game in its
original, un-cracked, un-hacked state to check whether a crash problem
is related to the no-disc crack! I genuinely /don't/ want any warez
this time!

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:59:37 PM

> I genuinely /don't/ want any warez this time!

Sorry, my bad. ;)

--
Brian J. Nielsen - http://bachfire.homepage.dk
For at maile mig privat, brug da "email.dk" efter @

I genuinely /don't/ want any warez
> this time!

Bah, that's what you get for faffing around with the PC versions.

Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2 version again (+play with a
REAL controller)?
;)
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:14:19 AM

I think you can get an adapter.

Phil Hibbs.
August 26, 2005 11:26:48 AM

On 25 Aug 2005 23:15:49 -0700, "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2 version again (+play with a
>REAL controller)?

What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?
August 26, 2005 12:51:54 PM

In message <430ebddb$0$1145$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>
Martin Ebnoether <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

> > What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?
>
> Who wants THAT anyway?

I certainly don't. I invested a lot of time playing the GTA games
before their subsequent PC releases and find the PC system to difficult
to learn after getting used to the PS2 control system layout.

I have no problem mapping my PS2 PC gamepad and playing it that way,
but the targetting system really suffers, even worse than GTAIII's
"auto-target" (Which means all the guns take a real dislike to the wall
behind the main character).

The PC control system is excellent for FPS like Doom and Quake though.
I can't play Quake any other way after using the grappling hook mods
and things on the old Quake net servers.

Cheers,
Rob
August 26, 2005 12:59:40 PM

Andrew schrieb:

>>Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2 version again (+play with a
>>REAL controller)?
>

> What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?

Who wants THAT anyway?

CU, Venty
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 3:28:10 PM

Rob White schrieb:

Hi Rob.

>>>What, you can play GTA with keyboard and mouse on a PS2 now?
>>
>>Who wants THAT anyway?
>
> I certainly don't. I invested a lot of time playing the GTA games
> before their subsequent PC releases and find the PC system to difficult
> to learn after getting used to the PS2 control system layout.
>
> I have no problem mapping my PS2 PC gamepad and playing it that way,
> but the targetting system really suffers, even worse than GTAIII's
> "auto-target" (Which means all the guns take a real dislike to the wall
> behind the main character).
>
> The PC control system is excellent for FPS like Doom and Quake though.
> I can't play Quake any other way after using the grappling hook mods
> and things on the old Quake net servers.

Though, after having posted my previous message, I remembered
having seen some sort of adaptor for the PS2 which lets you use a
keyboard and mouse for ego-shooters.

Here it is, the Smartjoy Frag:
http://www.playstationpro2.com/reviews/2004/smartjoy_fr...

The german magazine "PlayZone" reviewed it, found it working
perfectly and raised the question if this would give the users an
unfair advantage in online games.

CU, Venty
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 4:21:04 PM

In message <430ee0aa$0$1161$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>
Martin Ebnoether <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

> Rob White schrieb:
>
> Hi Rob.

Hi Venty.

> Here it is, the Smartjoy Frag:
> http://www.playstationpro2.com/reviews/2004/smartjoy_fr...

I was going mention in my last post about the possibility of using some
other sort of peripheral in the USB ports (The Logitech mouse plugs
into either of those), but the memory card slots? That's a nifty bit of
kit.

Cheers,
Rob
August 26, 2005 6:08:54 PM

> Time to dust off & boot up the good old PS2
> version again (+play with a REAL controller)?

You're right. I have PS2 and PC versions, as well as Xbox version. Right now
I play on the Xbox, but I miss the PS2 controls.. Helicopters are weird to
control on Xbox. And pressing white+black buttons to look behind, is really
hard (would require a big thumb, to do it with one finger). And doing
drive-by's, is also very akward - you don't have enough fingers!!! :-(

Can you use a PS2 comtroller with the Xbox, and have PS2 controls in GTA..??
Anyone?

--
Brian J. Nielsen - http://bachfire.homepage.dk
For at maile mig privat, brug da "email.dk" efter @
To mail me in private, simply use "email.dk" after the @
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:09:06 PM

Rob White schrieb:

Hi Rob.

>>Here it is, the Smartjoy Frag:
>>http://www.playstationpro2.com/reviews/2004/smartjoy_fr...
>

> I was going mention in my last post about the possibility of using some
> other sort of peripheral in the USB ports (The Logitech mouse plugs
> into either of those), but the memory card slots? That's a nifty bit of
> kit.

The USB Ports in the PS2 are pretty useless. Almost no official
applications (Games) for it. There is USB-Advance which is like
HD-Advance for slimline PS2 Users. You just use a USB-HD instead
of one attached to the IDE connector of the ethernet module.

CU, Venty
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:10:05 PM

[ ThrashDK ] schrieb:

> Can you use a PS2 comtroller with the Xbox, and have PS2 controls in GTA..??
> Anyone?

I thought there exist converter cables. Auntie Google may help.

CU, Venty
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:32:34 PM

In message <430f2281$0$1151$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>
Martin Ebnoether <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

> The USB Ports in the PS2 are pretty useless. Almost no official
> applications (Games) for it. There is USB-Advance which is like
> HD-Advance for slimline PS2 Users. You just use a USB-HD instead
> of one attached to the IDE connector of the ethernet module.

Can you get these for a PAL PS2? I was considering installing one due
to the load times on some of my existing games (And quite a few new ones
when it comes to that).

I'll have a good old look later on. I think there's a few documents on
Gamefaqs under the 'Hardware FAQs' menu about extra peripherals.

Oh, and I didn't spot that the keyboard/mouse wotsit plugs into the
*controller* port until after I posted. It's time for the wet fish
again for Robbo :o )

Cheers,
Rob
August 29, 2005 1:32:10 PM

Rob White schrieb:

Hi Rob.

>>The USB Ports in the PS2 are pretty useless. Almost no official
>>applications (Games) for it. There is USB-Advance which is like
>>HD-Advance for slimline PS2 Users. You just use a USB-HD instead
>>of one attached to the IDE connector of the ethernet module.
>
> Can you get these for a PAL PS2? I was considering installing one due
> to the load times on some of my existing games (And quite a few new ones
> when it comes to that).

I think so. At least I have HD Advance with IDE Disk and it works
so great I will never give it away.

> I'll have a good old look later on. I think there's a few documents on
> Gamefaqs under the 'Hardware FAQs' menu about extra peripherals.

About HD Advance find Infos here -> http://www.hdadvance.com/

CU, Venty
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 12:54:24 PM

> I've got a no-cd crack, I actually want to run the game in its
> original, un-cracked, un-hacked state to check whether a crash problem
> is related to the no-disc crack! I genuinely /don't/ want any warez
> this time!
>
> Phil Hibbs.

I'm sure R* has some media replacement policy for a low cost, as long as you
can provide proof of purchase...
!