Nvidia 6600GT graphic problem

I just bought a MSI GeForce 6600GT and ive run into a problem. During
gameplay, i see short chops flashing around the screen and the
computer sometimes freezes. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

P4 2.4 GHZ
MSI motherboard
768 MB Ram
320W Power Supply

On 4 Jun 2005 00:33:08 -0400,
solidsnake_46@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Denis1325) wrote:

>I just bought a MSI GeForce 6600GT and ive run into a problem. During
>gameplay, i see short chops flashing around the screen and the
>computer sometimes freezes. Is there anything i can do to fix this?
>
>P4 2.4 GHZ
>MSI motherboard
>768 MB Ram
>320W Power Supply

Your power supply is the most likely culprit if it only occurs during
3D gaming and not while on the Desktop. The +12V current may be
inadequate, there should be at least 17 amps available for a decent
margin. The CPU, 6600GT, your hard disk(s), DVD/CD-rom (or burner)
are all consumers of+12V in a modern PC. And if you overclock the
CPU, you will certainly need all 17 amps.....

Try underclocking the CPU to reduce the +12V current and see if the
condition improves.

John Lewis

In article <42a12f04$1_1@alt.athenanews.com>, Denis1325 says...
> I just bought a MSI GeForce 6600GT and ive run into a problem. During
> gameplay, i see short chops flashing around the screen and the
> computer sometimes freezes. Is there anything i can do to fix this?
>
> P4 2.4 GHZ
> MSI motherboard
> 768 MB Ram
> 320W Power Supply

Yeah...stick in a decent PSU.

--
Conor

"Be incomprehensible. If they can't understand, they can't disagree"

You didn't mention it, but I'd be willing to bet that you are using a cheap
power supply unit that is NOT capable of really supplying it's rated 320
watts in a real world load. Instead, as it's pushed during games, it
becomes unstable and puts out far fewer watts, thus causing the symptoms you
see. I would recommend a name brand higher output power supply unit.

--
DaveW