vid card upgrade

Hi,

Current PC is AMD XP 2000+, 512mb pc2700 ram, gf4 ti4400, sb audigy 2zs.

I am experiencing slow framerates in a lot of the newer games i.e doom3,
farcry etc. I was wondering how much of a difference upgrading to a gf6
series card would make from a ti4400? Also which of the GF6 series of cards
offers the best bang for buck and is sort of in the middle?

Thanks for any help !

For your use I would recommend the FX 6600GT. It's a lot of bang for the
buck and matches your system quite well.

--
DaveW

"billybronco" <none@nonenoennoene.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Current PC is AMD XP 2000+, 512mb pc2700 ram, gf4 ti4400, sb audigy 2zs.
>
> I am experiencing slow framerates in a lot of the newer games i.e doom3,
> farcry etc. I was wondering how much of a difference upgrading to a gf6
> series card would make from a ti4400? Also which of the GF6 series of
> cards offers the best bang for buck and is sort of in the middle?
>
> Thanks for any help !

"billybronco" <none@nonenoennoene.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Current PC is AMD XP 2000+, 512mb pc2700 ram, gf4 ti4400, sb audigy 2zs.
>
> I am experiencing slow framerates in a lot of the newer games i.e doom3,
> farcry etc. I was wondering how much of a difference upgrading to a gf6
> series card would make from a ti4400? Also which of the GF6 series of
> cards offers the best bang for buck and is sort of in the middle?
>
> Thanks for any help !

I'm very happy with a Leadtek 6600GT.
Keep in mind also ... RAM is soooooo cheap currently. Another 512mb AND
a new card will make you smile.

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 22:22:10 GMT, "billybronco"
<none@nonenoennoene.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Current PC is AMD XP 2000+, 512mb pc2700 ram, gf4 ti4400, sb audigy 2zs.
>
>I am experiencing slow framerates in a lot of the newer games i.e doom3,
>farcry etc. I was wondering how much of a difference upgrading to a gf6
>series card would make from a ti4400? Also which of the GF6 series of cards
>offers the best bang for buck and is sort of in the middle?

6600GT would be an excellent match for your system. BFG is an
excellent supplier. Best Buy sometimes has BFG 6600GT AGP on sale.
Avoid PNY. They have a slow-boat-to-China(literally)-in-a-typhoon RMA
service. Only buy PNY if you accompany it with a no-questions-asked-
on-return extended warranty.

John Lewis

>Thanks for any help !

> > Current PC is AMD XP 2000+, 512mb pc2700 ram, gf4 ti4400, sb audigy 2zs.
> >
> > I am experiencing slow framerates in a lot of the newer games i.e doom3,
> > farcry etc. I was wondering how much of a difference upgrading to a gf6
> > series card would make from a ti4400? Also which of the GF6 series of
> > cards offers the best bang for buck and is sort of in the middle?
> >
> > Thanks for any help !
> >

> I'm very happy with a Leadtek 6600GT.
> Keep in mind also ... RAM is soooooo cheap currently. Another 512mb AND
> a new card will make you smile.

The 6600GT will be a big difference. You'll get much more than just good
framerates. You'll get DX 9 support and pixel shaders and a bunch of other
visual goodies. Also,the last poster is on the money. I just added 512M ram
for a total of 1GB. Geez, games load so much quicker and run damn smooth.
The HD is hardly ever accessed. I paid $39 + s/h(41.xx total) for 512M
Buffalotech PC3200 CL 2.5.
Bought that particular brand to try to match my Bufalo PC3700 which I
bought a long time ago. It's actually PC2700 which was tested to run at 466
FSB.