6600GT/TD-problem with TV-out

Hello all,
I have wierd problem with my nvidia graphic card.When I try to turn tv
out on to look movies from my computer on tv I cannot get picture in
color.Picture is sharp and bright, but black/white.
During boot-up process color is there, but as soon as windows load it
drivers, color is gone.

If you have any sugestions I’m all in ear, because I tried almoust
everything.(tv-tool,,different drivers...)

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-6600GT-TD-problem-TV-ftopict56726.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=285165

maxDK wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have wierd problem with my nvidia graphic card.When I try to turn tv
> out on to look movies from my computer on tv I cannot get picture in
> color.Picture is sharp and bright, but black/white.
> During boot-up process color is there, but as soon as windows load it
> drivers, color is gone.
>
> If you have any sugestions I'm all in ear, because I tried almoust
> everything.(tv-tool,,different drivers...)

Enable dual view. You have to allow the monitor and TV to run at different
refresh rates and resolutions. You probably just told it to clone your
desktop or span it... you actually have to enable dual view and it will
require a reboot.

This could be because:

1) The colour system of the TV out is different to that of yer TV. Try
adjusting the colour system for the TV out from PAL to NTSC and try all the
variants. You can do this from the nVidia TV out settings. ( You can adjust
this from over here: http://sparrowhawk.no-ip.info/downloads/image001.JPG )
2) Yer connecting through a SCART adapter via the S-Video output on the
card. Some cheap SCART adapters don't correctly merge the colour and
brightness information from S-Video to SCART. Try connecting through
composite or get a better video adapter
3) The framerate of a PC TV out is 60 Hz. Perhaps yer TV can't accept 60 Hz
signals.

"Sharanga Dayananda" wrote:
>This could be because:
>
>1) The colour system of the TV out is different to that of yer TV.
Try

>adjusting the colour system for the TV out from PAL to NTSC and try
>all the
>variants. You can do this from the nVidia TV out settings. ( You can
>adjust
>this from over here:
>http://sparrowhawk.no-ip.info/downloads/image001.JPG )
>2) Yer connecting through a SCART adapter via the S-Video output on
>the
>card. Some cheap SCART adapters don’t correctly merge the colour
>and
>brightness information from S-Video to SCART. Try connecting through
>composite or get a better video adapter
>3) The framerate of a PC TV out is 60 Hz. Perhaps yer TV can’t
>accept 60 Hz
>signals.
>
>"maxDK" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>> I have wierd problem with my nvidia graphic card.When I try to
>turn tv
>> out on to look movies from my computer on tv I cannot get picture
>in
>> color.Picture is sharp and bright, but black/white.
>> During boot-up process color is there, but as soon as windows
>load it
>> drivers, color is gone.
>>
>> If you have any sugestions I’m all in ear, because I tried
>almoust
>> everything.(tv-tool,,different drivers...)
>>
>> --
>> Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at
>author’s
>> request
>> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>> Topic URL:
>>
>http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-6600GT-TD-problem-TV-ftopict56726.html
>> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req’d). Report
>abuse:
>> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=285165</font>

Yes, I was having problems with tv extention and S-video to SCART..

Tnx gys a lott :)

TRENDING THREADS