question about Leadtek A6200TDH-128MB Geforce 6200 128MB D..

I was about to buy one of these cards but I wanted to make sure it
would work with my motherboard first. My motherboard only supports 4X
AGP at 1.5volts.

The problem is some online stores list it as a 4X/8X AGP card while
others list it as 8X only. LeadTek website says "supports 8X AGP" does
that mean it only runs on 8X AGP or just can work faster with 8X AGP
but still is ok with AGP 4X? I need to know if this card does work
with AGP 4X AGP slot as thats the best my motherboard can support.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

8X video cards are ALL compatible with 4X motherboards.

--
DaveW

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:07:41 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

>8X video cards are ALL compatible with 4X motherboards.

Great...

thanks for that info

DaveW wrote:
> 8X video cards are ALL compatible with 4X motherboards.

Yep and its his lucky day as that card can be unlocked, turning it into a
6600 :)

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:17:30 -0400, joe user <hate@spam> wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:07:41 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:
>
>>8X video cards are ALL compatible with 4X motherboards.
>

>Great...
>
>thanks for that info

Nvidia is shipping it's NV44A GPU for 6200 cards now. This
chip doesn't use the HSI bridge, nor does it have the 4 inactive pipes
as they have been removed. If your looking to unlock the extra pipes
to turn it into a 6600, make sure your card has the HSI bridge as this
would be a card with the older NV43 GPU.

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:06:40 -0500, Larry Roberts <skin-e@juno.com>
wrote:

> Nvidia is shipping it's NV44A GPU for 6200 cards now. This
>chip doesn't use the HSI bridge, nor does it have the 4 inactive pipes
>as they have been removed. If your looking to unlock the extra pipes
>to turn it into a 6600, make sure your card has the HSI bridge as this
>would be a card with the older NV43 GPU.

I'm not looking into overclocking or unlocking pipes. I'm just looking
for a video card that is fast enough for viewing High Definition mpeg2
and fanless. Since I'm not into games I was hoping that I wouldn't
need to go to the nvidia 6600 which costs twice as much.

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:41:01 -0400, joe user <hate@spam> wrote:

>On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:06:40 -0500, Larry Roberts <skin-e@juno.com>
>wrote:
>

>> Nvidia is shipping it's NV44A GPU for 6200 cards now. This
>>chip doesn't use the HSI bridge, nor does it have the 4 inactive pipes
>>as they have been removed. If your looking to unlock the extra pipes
>>to turn it into a 6600, make sure your card has the HSI bridge as this
>>would be a card with the older NV43 GPU.
>
>I'm not looking into overclocking or unlocking pipes. I'm just looking
>for a video card that is fast enough for viewing High Definition mpeg2
>and fanless. Since I'm not into games I was hoping that I wouldn't
>need to go to the nvidia 6600 which costs twice as much.

Well. I'd imagine the 6200 would be what you want. I'm not
sure if it would make a difference in your situation, but be aware
that there are lots of 64bit memory bus versions floating around with
slow memory, but faster core speeds. A true 128bit 6200 has a 300Mhz
core, and 8.8GB, or so memory bandwidth.
However, I've been seeing 64bit cards with half the memory
bandwidth, but 350Mhz, or 385Mhz core (Chaintech SA62AC, Asus N6200TD,
and Leadtek A6200TDH).

The GeForce 6200 decodes HD (MPEG-2 and WMV ) only upto 720p and doesn't go
up to 1080p. I dunno if this affects you.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:06:40 -0500, Larry Roberts <skin-e@juno.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Nvidia is shipping it's NV44A GPU for 6200 cards now. This
>>chip doesn't use the HSI bridge, nor does it have the 4 inactive pipes
>>as they have been removed. If your looking to unlock the extra pipes
>>to turn it into a 6600, make sure your card has the HSI bridge as this
>>would be a card with the older NV43 GPU.
>
> I'm not looking into overclocking or unlocking pipes. I'm just looking
> for a video card that is fast enough for viewing High Definition mpeg2
> and fanless. Since I'm not into games I was hoping that I wouldn't
> need to go to the nvidia 6600 which costs twice as much.

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:47:15 GMT, "Sharanga Dayananda"
<sharanga@gmail.com> wrote:

>The GeForce 6200 decodes HD (MPEG-2 and WMV ) only upto 720p and doesn't go
>up to 1080p. I dunno if this affects you.
>
>http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

I'm not sure as I would be looking to do 1920x1080i . They don't list
the 6200 or 6200A AGP cards for that matter.