Selling a nVidia 5900 XT Ultra

ASYLUM / BFG FX 5900 Ultra 256MB
GeForce FX AGP Graphics Card

You are bidding on a practically brand new (just 3 months old) card, which
comes
with the original box, cables, converters, packing, manuals and the
following ORIGINAL GAMES: Delta Force & Soldier of Fortune (Platinum
Edition) and
Video Studio 7.0 SE Edition

This is the full RETAIL version of this card and it comes with a LIFETIME
WARRANTY and
24 / 7 Toll-Free Tech Support directly from BFG / Asylum.

Please note: This is the AGP version of the card, and it takes up 2 slots
on your PC
(the AGP slot and the one next to it). The fan operation is VERY quite.
Requires at least a 350 Watt Power Supply for proper operation.

Features:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
Bus Type: AGP 8X (supports 2X & 4X)
Memory: 256MB DDR
Memory Clock: 850MHz (effective)
RAMDAC: Dual 400MHz
API Support: DirectX 9.0, OpenGL
Connectors: VGA, DVI, VIVO (Video In Video Out)
Memory bandwidth: 27.2 GB/sec - 338 million vertices/sec

The card supports overclocking, but I never messed with it. It's in 100%
perfect working condition.
This card works with Digital monitors (DVI) and Analog monitors (VGA) up to
2048x1536 resolution @ 85 Hz.

The reason I am selling this card is that I now have 2 Digital Monitor setup
and had to get a double DVI output card.

Make your offers anytime until Jun-08-05 18:14:54 PDT by clicking here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5204268725
13 answers Last reply
More about selling nvidia 5900 ultra

    why would anyone bid on a old card like that?

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:11:44 -0400, "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >why would anyone bid on a old card like that?
    >"M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> ASYLUM / BFG FX 5900 Ultra 256MB
    >> GeForce FX AGP Graphics Card

    Biddings already upto $112.00. By the time it's over, they'll
    pay $150.00 for it, and they could have bought a 6600GT from newegg
    for the same price... Brand new. Shows how uniformed most eBayers are.

    "Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:11:44 -0400, "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >why would anyone bid on a old card like that?
    > >"M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >> ASYLUM / BFG FX 5900 Ultra 256MB
    > >> GeForce FX AGP Graphics Card
    >
    > Biddings already upto $112.00. By the time it's over, they'll
    > pay $150.00 for it, and they could have bought a 6600GT from newegg
    > for the same price... Brand new. Shows how uniformed most eBayers are.

    I have been watching ebay looking for video card, asus or abit motherboard
    and P4C. I have ***frequently*** seen Ti4200 to 6800 cards and the
    motherboards sell for ***more*** than what many online retailers sell for.
    Sometimes even double what our local CDN retailers charge.

    I was hoping to find a half price deal on a used item but it doesn't seem
    realistic.

    On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:42:04 -0600, "Don Sly"
    <tdNOslySPAM@PLEASEsasktel.net> wrote:

    >"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:11:44 -0400, "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >why would anyone bid on a old card like that?
    >> >"M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Biddings already upto $112.00. By the time it's over, they'll
    >> pay $150.00 for it, and they could have bought a 6600GT from newegg
    >> for the same price... Brand new. Shows how uniformed most eBayers are.
    >
    >I have been watching ebay looking for video card, asus or abit motherboard
    >and P4C. I have ***frequently*** seen Ti4200 to 6800 cards and the
    >motherboards sell for ***more*** than what many online retailers sell for.
    >Sometimes even double what our local CDN retailers charge.
    >
    >I was hoping to find a half price deal on a used item but it doesn't seem
    >realistic.

    I used to shop for deals on eBay for all my PC needs, but over
    the last 3 years, or so, I find better deals on Newegg, and other
    reptuable dealers. Not only is it usally cheaper in the end, it's
    safer as well. eBay used to be a great thing, but now I find it to be
    garbage when it comes to new, and recently new hardware. The only
    reason it's ok for old hardware, is because you usally can't find it
    anywhere else.

    On 6/7/2005 10:30 AM Larry Roberts brightened our day with:

    >On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:42:04 -0600, "Don Sly"
    ><tdNOslySPAM@PLEASEsasktel.net> wrote:
    >

    >>"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message

    >>>Biddings already upto $112.00. By the time it's over, they'll
    >>>pay $150.00 for it, and they could have bought a 6600GT from newegg
    >>>for the same price... Brand new. Shows how uniformed most eBayers are.
    >>>

    >>I have been watching ebay looking for video card, asus or abit motherboard
    >>and P4C. I have ***frequently*** seen Ti4200 to 6800 cards and the
    >>motherboards sell for ***more*** than what many online retailers sell for.
    >>Sometimes even double what our local CDN retailers charge.
    >>
    >>I was hoping to find a half price deal on a used item but it doesn't seem
    >>realistic.
    >>

    > I used to shop for deals on eBay for all my PC needs, but over
    >the last 3 years, or so, I find better deals on Newegg, and other
    >reptuable dealers. Not only is it usally cheaper in the end, it's
    >safer as well. eBay used to be a great thing, but now I find it to be
    >garbage when it comes to new, and recently new hardware. The only
    >reason it's ok for old hardware, is because you usally can't find it
    >anywhere else.

    I don't use ebay any more but I buy lots of stuff through
    www.craigslist.org, it's localized so you don't have to worry about
    electronically transferring funds or shipping stuff. I bought a
    practically brand new 6800 a few months ago from someone 5 miles away
    from me for $180.

    --
    "I don't feel tardy"

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Quite simple: not everyone is as informed as the regulars in this NG.

    Guys, leave his listing alone. If he can find a buyer, so be it. We all have
    to unload our old hardware some time...

    On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:28:39 -0400, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Quite simple: not everyone is as informed as the regulars in this NG.
    >
    >Guys, leave his listing alone. If he can find a buyer, so be it. We all have
    >to unload our old hardware some time...

    I'm not attacking his listing. It's the bjyers who need their
    heads examined. I'm the type of person who hates to see people waste
    money when there is no need to. It's not like there is a shortage of
    those cards.
    To me, it's like setting money on fire to stay warm in the
    middle of the woods. :|

    "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Not really. The 5900's are excellent DirectX 8.1 and OpenGL performers.

    Consider the source.

    "Gordon" <mc@msnet.com> wrote in message

    > "dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >> Not really. The 5900's are excellent DirectX 8.1 and OpenGL performers.
    >>

    > Consider the source.

    why buy a 300 dollar 5900 when u can get a 200 dollar 6600 GT that kills it?
    thier still really expensive on pricewatch dunno why they bother selling for
    that price.

    "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message

    > why buy a 300 dollar 5900

    The winning bid was $162.50

    > when u can get a 200 dollar 6600 GT that kills it?

    The 6600GT is a better card, but by no means is the 5900 a POS - it's a good
    buy if the price is right.

    > thier still really expensive on pricewatch dunno why they bother selling
    > for that price.

    Maybe they're not.

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:51:21 -0400, "Gordon" <mc@msnet.com> wrote:

    >"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >> why buy a 300 dollar 5900
    >
    >The winning bid was $162.50
    >

    >> when u can get a 200 dollar 6600 GT that kills it?
    >>

    >The 6600GT is a better card, but by no means is the 5900 a POS - it's a good
    >buy if the price is right.
    >

    >> thier still really expensive on pricewatch dunno why they bother selling
    >> for that price.
    >
    >Maybe they're not.

    Yeah. The winner paid $162.00 + $10.00 S&H for a used FX 5900
    (we still are not sure if it's an Ultra, or XT). You can get brand new
    6600GT cards now for $165.00 shipped. I think the winner of the
    auction actually lost in that situation.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > Yeah. The winner paid $162.00 + $10.00 S&H for a used FX 5900
    > (we still are not sure if it's an Ultra, or XT). You can get brand new
    > 6600GT cards now for $165.00 shipped. I think the winner of the
    > auction actually lost in that situation.

    Especially if the winner stumbles onto this thread. ;-)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    There are plenty of... ignorant folks out there. (AOL is still the largest
    ISP in America the last time I checked.)

    > I'm not attacking his listing. It's the bjyers who need their
    > heads examined. I'm the type of person who hates to see people waste
    > money when there is no need to. It's not like there is a shortage of
    > those cards.
    > To me, it's like setting money on fire to stay warm in the
    > middle of the woods. :|

Nvidia Graphics