How much is Geforce 6800 Ultra louder?

Hi,

I have been extremely busy and have not had a change to upgrade my PC for a
while. This summer finally I get to do that. I am going to upgrade the whole
thing including the video card. I am thinking about upgrade from Radeon
9600XT 128MB to GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB. Can anybody tell me how much
louder is it going to be compare to 9600?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about geforce 6800 ultra louder

    Loud it is so loud that I can't hear my wife yelling at me, oh, that's a
    good thing.

    "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Loud it is so loud that I can't hear my wife yelling at me, oh, that's a
    > good thing.
    >
    > "Sitti" <No@email.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have been extremely busy and have not had a change to upgrade my PC
    for
    > > a while. This summer finally I get to do that. I am going to upgrade the
    > > whole thing including the video card. I am thinking about upgrade from
    > > Radeon 9600XT 128MB to GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB. Can anybody tell me how
    > > much louder is it going to be compare to 9600?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Hey incidentally, while we're on the topic.
    I am thinking of doing the same thing! Although I'm planning on a 6800GT.

    So, if anyone can help me, is it going to be worth waiting to get a 7800GT?

    Or should I just get a 6800 Ultra when the 7800 range is out - as the 6800
    range should go down in price?

    Many TIA.

    AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 512 DDR, 9600XT 256MB.

    It all depends on which brand of 6800U you get.

    DaveL

    In article <42a65ab0$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, Dragoncarer <woops@no.sorry> wrote:
    #Hey incidentally, while we're on the topic.
    #I am thinking of doing the same thing! Although I'm planning on a 6800GT.

    #So, if anyone can help me, is it going to be worth waiting to get a 7800GT?

    We'll have to see some more comprehensive testing to tell, even then with
    Beta drivers we won't get the full picture until it hits the streets.

    #Or should I just get a 6800 Ultra when the 7800 range is out - as the 6800
    #range should go down in price?

    The 6800 (in any flavor) is a huge leap over your 9600XT. (No flies on
    the 9600XT, it was the best Value Card for over a year, quite a reign).
    How long to wait depends on how much you are enjoying, or not enjoying,
    your current games and your current bank (or bank card) balance.

    #AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 512 DDR, 9600XT 256MB.

    BTW, you need more DDR, Newegg has Corsair 2x512MB CAS2.5 for $77. I have two
    pair (in 2 machines), Good Stuff(tm).

    Ken.
    Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
    WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!

    "Ken Marsh" <kmarsh@fellspt.charm.net> wrote in message
    > In article <42a65ab0$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, Dragoncarer <woops@no.sorry>
    wrote:
    > #Hey incidentally, while we're on the topic.
    > #I am thinking of doing the same thing! Although I'm planning on a 6800GT.
    >
    > #So, if anyone can help me, is it going to be worth waiting to get a
    7800GT?

    > We'll have to see some more comprehensive testing to tell, even then with
    > Beta drivers we won't get the full picture until it hits the streets.
    >
    > #Or should I just get a 6800 Ultra when the 7800 range is out - as the
    6800
    > #range should go down in price?
    >
    > The 6800 (in any flavor) is a huge leap over your 9600XT. (No flies on
    > the 9600XT, it was the best Value Card for over a year, quite a reign).
    > How long to wait depends on how much you are enjoying, or not enjoying,
    > your current games and your current bank (or bank card) balance.
    >
    > #AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 512 DDR, 9600XT 256MB.
    >
    > BTW, you need more DDR, Newegg has Corsair 2x512MB CAS2.5 for $77. I have
    two
    > pair (in 2 machines), Good Stuff(tm).

    Thanks for your help.

    Yeah, that's one of those things - bank balance. No matter which card I get,
    I'm going to have to get at least more ram. So I need to factor in that
    cost, too.

    Currently my budget is around AUD600 (for the card). 6800GTs are currently
    going for anywhere between AUD525 and AUD590 at this extremely good, and
    extremely cheap, computer parts seller.

    So...do you have any ideas when we will see the 7800 range available for
    retail? And how much do you think it will be? I've tried hunting around on
    the net for news...but I can't find any feasible price ranges that make
    sense.

    If I get a 7800, I'll almost definitely need a new CPU and maybe motherboard
    (and a much larger budget ;) ). So...I'm thinking of just getting a 6800GT
    and more ram for now. Then later on a faster CPU. Will current CPUs run on a
    PCI-E board? I'm assuming they will...which means I could upgrade to a new
    board next year and a 7800.

    My next problem is wherther to get a 6800GT or an Ultra - do u think there
    will be a large price decrease when the 7800 range is released? That's
    really why I'm waiting for the 7800 range.

    Sorry for all the questions, but any help at all is very much appreciated.

    Thanks so much!!

    > Ken.
    > Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
    > WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS
    offices!

Nvidia Geforce Graphics