Desktop Panning option/software

noname

I have an Nvidia card and would like to have my desktop pan. I remember
having an old ATI card that allowed me to set the "virtual desktop" to a
higher resolution than the actual desktop, allowing the desktop to pan when
you moved your mouse to the edge of the screen.

I am NOT looking for a multiple/virtual desktop, I know of those and Nview
does it anyway.

Thanks.

NoName wrote:

> I have an Nvidia card and would like to have my desktop pan. I remember
> having an old ATI card that allowed me to set the "virtual desktop" to a
> higher resolution than the actual desktop, allowing the desktop to pan
> when you moved your mouse to the edge of the screen.
>
> I am NOT looking for a multiple/virtual desktop, I know of those and Nview
> does it anyway.

There's nothing that I know of that is cheap that works. I played with the
Zoomtext demo a while back and it seemed quite nice, but for 400 bucks it
ought to be. The same company produces a product for 100 bucks called
"BigShot" but the demo on that was broken, so can't comment.

Most modern video hardware has this capability, but unlike days of yore
there is no longer any convenient way to access it. Matrox took it out of
their latest drivers, ATI still has a way to get at it but it no longer
cycles through a reasonable range, it hits every possible resolution in
between, never seen it on an nvidia driver but my nvidia experience is not
terribly recent.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

t0c0d1l0n

I'm using NVIDIA GeForce 7300 Series with 512MB video memory and yet I could not use the panning option as I was able to with my ATI video card. I think NVIDIA display cards do not have this feature or ability.

As for the post of John Clarke, it seems little John here is not aware of that yet he is daring enough to let us know that most modern hardware has this capability. You're wrong *******! ATI cards has this ability but NVIDA doesn't.

"There's nothing that I know of that is cheap that works. ". Obviously you were just born recently, BIG SHOT!

t0c0d1l0n

Try GiMeSpace Desktop Extender. It gives you unlimted desktop space and you can make your windows as big as you want. Easy to use and very powerful options.