BattleField 2 Wont run on my system any ideas why ??

Should my system run ?? Specs Below.

Mobile Baron 2400 at 2.4ghz.
Nvidia 6600 Gt 1280 Meg.
1 Gig Pc3200
Audigy 2 ZS
Forceware 70.30 drivers downloaded these and installed them. Might
have been in the release but i downloaded them just incase.
Sp2
DirectxC with June Update from Microsoft installed.

All latest drivers as far as i know.

It might be my Overclock on my CPU. Ill clock it at 2 ghz and see if
that helps if not i dont know why it wont be running ??

The game seems to go though the motions of loading but then just quits
to the desktop. No error messages or nothing.

I did at first get a message thatr the file d3dx9_25.dll was missing.
I did a google and downloaded the file and placed it in the system32
and system files and the BF2 folder and no more message. Still the
game refuses to run :(

Do i need to give Admin Previliages to it to run ? If so how do i do
this. I was the only person on the PC with the only account i asume
that would make me the admin. But maybe it needs settings set for it
to run ??

Thanks for any help. I would love to try the demo out.

Bye.

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:52:57 +1000, Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> wrote:

>Should my system run ?? Specs Below.
>
>Mobile Baron 2400 at 2.4ghz.
>Nvidia 6600 Gt 1280 Meg.
>1 Gig Pc3200
>Audigy 2 ZS
>Forceware 70.30 drivers downloaded these and installed them. Might
>have been in the release but i downloaded them just incase.
>Sp2
>DirectxC with June Update from Microsoft installed.

Should. My setup is a little older/slower than the one you list and it's
running the demo OK on a 128 MB 6600GT/AGP. Did you install the 77.30
drivers included with the demo download?

No specific suggestions other than the old standby of uninstall/
reinstall the demo.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

It's God wanting you to be a pacifist. ;-)

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

BUT I WANT TO KILL KILL KILL KILL. I NEEEED BLOOOOOOOOOOOOD :)

Ill reinstall the demo. its got the 77.30 drivers in it right just
got to tell it to install them >???

Ok thanks.

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 05:46:55 +1000, Jill haoulder <43434.com.au> wrote:

>BUT I WANT TO KILL KILL KILL KILL. I NEEEED BLOOOOOOOOOOOOD :)
>

>Ill reinstall the demo. its got the 77.30 drivers in it right just
>got to tell it to install them >???

It's supposed to check your video drivers as part of the overall
installation and it should recommend loading the newer driver. There
will also be an nvidia folder in the main folder where you install the
demo that should have an executable to install the drivers.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA