Office 2000 to 3000

Got Office 2000 Pro installed. If installing Office 2003 Pro, do I
have to uninstall version 2000 before installing version 2003 or can
version 2003 handle version 2000 being there?

Thanks in advance....

Ed
4 answers Last reply
More about office 2000 3000

    Even if you have the Office 2003 UPGRADE version, you are far ahead of the game
    uninstalling Office 2000 first. But remember to save any personl files tucked
    away inside the folders created by Office 2000, i.e. your Outlook stuff for
    example. Or any document templates you've created... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:17:14 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
    (Ben Myers) wrote:

    >Even if you have the Office 2003 UPGRADE version,

    No, its a full install

    > you are far ahead of the game
    >uninstalling Office 2000 first.

    Then that is the way I will do it.

    >save
    >any document templates you've created... Ben Myers

    It was those Templates and other configurations I was trying to keep
    from loosing. The Templates are easy but all the many configuration
    choices I guess can not......

    Thanks for the reply Ben, much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Ed

    In the past, I uninstalled most everything as a rule before installing a
    later version. I'm beginning to find that some software has matured enough
    to handle that well on their own, i.e. detect older versions, uninstall
    them, then install themselves. Two examples are MS Office 2003 (from MS
    Office 2000) and Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premier (from NSW 2003 Pro Ed). An
    advantage is all custom settings and preferences are imported into the newer
    version. Of course with advice like this, your mileage may vary.

    "Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
    > Got Office 2000 Pro installed. If installing Office 2003 Pro, do I
    > have to uninstall version 2000 before installing version 2003 or can
    > version 2003 handle version 2000 being there?
    >
    > Thanks in advance....
    >
    > Ed

    On the other hand, there have been reported incidents (I've dealt with a couple)
    where a new version of NAV did not go in smoothly over an old version and left
    the computer without virus protection.

    One of the most serious issues facing people today is to ensure that a computer
    is free of viruses, ad-ware, spyware, trojans and all the other pests which can
    cause a computer to hiccup. If they can make a computer hiccup under normal
    usage, they can and will do the same with a software install or update. The
    black little heart at the center of all this is the Windows registry, a database
    design that was not born right.

    As you say, mileage will vary... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 04:25:57 GMT, "mdp" <markdpend@spambegone.aol.com> wrote:

    >In the past, I uninstalled most everything as a rule before installing a
    >later version. I'm beginning to find that some software has matured enough
    >to handle that well on their own, i.e. detect older versions, uninstall
    >them, then install themselves. Two examples are MS Office 2003 (from MS
    >Office 2000) and Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premier (from NSW 2003 Pro Ed). An
    >advantage is all custom settings and preferences are imported into the newer
    >version. Of course with advice like this, your mileage may vary.
    >
    >"Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
    >> Got Office 2000 Pro installed. If installing Office 2003 Pro, do I
    >> have to uninstall version 2000 before installing version 2003 or can
    >> version 2003 handle version 2000 being there?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance....
    >>
    >> Ed

Gateway Office Computers