Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Office 2000 to 3000

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
July 12, 2005 11:55:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Got Office 2000 Pro installed. If installing Office 2003 Pro, do I
have to uninstall version 2000 before installing version 2003 or can
version 2003 handle version 2000 being there?

Thanks in advance....

Ed

More about : office 2000 3000

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:17:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Even if you have the Office 2003 UPGRADE version, you are far ahead of the game
uninstalling Office 2000 first. But remember to save any personl files tucked
away inside the folders created by Office 2000, i.e. your Outlook stuff for
example. Or any document templates you've created... Ben Myers

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:55:42 -0400, Ed <fake@fake.com> wrote:

>Got Office 2000 Pro installed. If installing Office 2003 Pro, do I
>have to uninstall version 2000 before installing version 2003 or can
>version 2003 handle version 2000 being there?
>
>Thanks in advance....
>
>Ed
July 13, 2005 6:17:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:17:14 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>Even if you have the Office 2003 UPGRADE version,

No, its a full install

> you are far ahead of the game
>uninstalling Office 2000 first.

Then that is the way I will do it.

>save
>any document templates you've created... Ben Myers

It was those Templates and other configurations I was trying to keep
from loosing. The Templates are easy but all the many configuration
choices I guess can not......

Thanks for the reply Ben, much appreciated.

Regards,
Ed
Related resources
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 8:25:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

In the past, I uninstalled most everything as a rule before installing a
later version. I'm beginning to find that some software has matured enough
to handle that well on their own, i.e. detect older versions, uninstall
them, then install themselves. Two examples are MS Office 2003 (from MS
Office 2000) and Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premier (from NSW 2003 Pro Ed). An
advantage is all custom settings and preferences are imported into the newer
version. Of course with advice like this, your mileage may vary.

"Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
news:6tl8d19i8q0at12dfi77rn65h3f00l1h8g@4ax.com...
> Got Office 2000 Pro installed. If installing Office 2003 Pro, do I
> have to uninstall version 2000 before installing version 2003 or can
> version 2003 handle version 2000 being there?
>
> Thanks in advance....
>
> Ed
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 4:31:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

On the other hand, there have been reported incidents (I've dealt with a couple)
where a new version of NAV did not go in smoothly over an old version and left
the computer without virus protection.

One of the most serious issues facing people today is to ensure that a computer
is free of viruses, ad-ware, spyware, trojans and all the other pests which can
cause a computer to hiccup. If they can make a computer hiccup under normal
usage, they can and will do the same with a software install or update. The
black little heart at the center of all this is the Windows registry, a database
design that was not born right.

As you say, mileage will vary... Ben Myers

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 04:25:57 GMT, "mdp" <markdpend@spambegone.aol.com> wrote:

>In the past, I uninstalled most everything as a rule before installing a
>later version. I'm beginning to find that some software has matured enough
>to handle that well on their own, i.e. detect older versions, uninstall
>them, then install themselves. Two examples are MS Office 2003 (from MS
>Office 2000) and Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premier (from NSW 2003 Pro Ed). An
>advantage is all custom settings and preferences are imported into the newer
>version. Of course with advice like this, your mileage may vary.
>
>"Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
>news:6tl8d19i8q0at12dfi77rn65h3f00l1h8g@4ax.com...
>> Got Office 2000 Pro installed. If installing Office 2003 Pro, do I
>> have to uninstall version 2000 before installing version 2003 or can
>> version 2003 handle version 2000 being there?
>>
>> Thanks in advance....
>>
>> Ed
>
>
!