New game

I think this was mentioned before. I've started a new game but when I get
wasted or arrested I don't lose my weapons.
Is this an offshoot from dating Katie & Barbara in my previous game?
8 answers Last reply
More about game

    On the subject of cheat codes, I was doing one of the San Fierro races
    last night, driving a buggy through the woods, when the text "Cheat
    code activated" came up on the screen again. It did this once before
    while I was riding a dirt bike up out of the quarry. Is there a cheat
    code that consists only of the W, A, S and D keys?

    Phil Hibbs.

    Razor wrote:

    > I think this was mentioned before. I've started a new game but when I get
    > wasted or arrested I don't lose my weapons.
    > Is this an offshoot from dating Katie & Barbara in my previous game?

    I haven't had the arrested one though and I have restarted loads of
    times. wonder what i did wrong.
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Razor wrote:
    >>
    >> I think this was mentioned before. I've started a new game but when I get
    >> wasted or arrested I don't lose my weapons.
    >> Is this an offshoot from dating Katie & Barbara in my previous game?
    >
    > I haven't had the arrested one though and I have restarted loads of
    > times. wonder what i did wrong.
    > --
    > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")

    In the PC version, I got these benefits in my second and third game right
    from the start. I have now moved my save files from the completed games to
    another folder, and the next game I started didn't carry the benefits, so I
    guess for the PC, the benefit carries over to a new game if you have it in
    one of the save slots.

    Rob

    Rob Lancaster wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Razor wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I think this was mentioned before. I've started a new game but when I get
    > >> wasted or arrested I don't lose my weapons.
    > >> Is this an offshoot from dating Katie & Barbara in my previous game?
    > >
    > > I haven't had the arrested one though and I have restarted loads of
    > > times. wonder what i did wrong.
    > > --
    > > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    >
    > In the PC version, I got these benefits in my second and third game right
    > from the start. I have now moved my save files from the completed games to
    > another folder, and the next game I started didn't carry the benefits, so I
    > guess for the PC, the benefit carries over to a new game if you have it in
    > one of the save slots.
    >
    > Rob

    I think I would have to start a complete new game with no saves to
    find out, which i might do as I have an extra memory card, but this
    game hogs space doesn't it?
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Rob Lancaster" <robert.lancaster12@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > In the PC version, I got these benefits in my second and third game right
    > from the start. I have now moved my save files from the completed games to
    > another folder, and the next game I started didn't carry the benefits, so
    > I guess for the PC, the benefit carries over to a new game if you have it
    > in one of the save slots.
    >
    > Rob
    I just tried to put a complete game with the benefits into my game directory
    and started a new game, and the benefits have not carried over, so my
    suggestion above can safely be dismissed as ill informed speculation.

    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob Lancaster wrote:

    > "Rob Lancaster" <robert.lancaster12@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > In the PC version, I got these benefits in my second and third game right
    > > from the start. I have now moved my save files from the completed games to
    > > another folder, and the next game I started didn't carry the benefits, so
    > > I guess for the PC, the benefit carries over to a new game if you have it
    > > in one of the save slots.
    > >
    > > Rob
    > I just tried to put a complete game with the benefits into my game directory
    > and started a new game, and the benefits have not carried over, so my
    > suggestion above can safely be dismissed as ill informed speculation.
    >
    > Rob

    :O)
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:45:57 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:

    >I think this was mentioned before. I've started a new game but when I get
    >wasted or arrested I don't lose my weapons.
    >Is this an offshoot from dating Katie & Barbara in my previous game?

    Yes that's actually documented.
    It seems like you have in fact dated Katie (keep weapons after wasted)
    and Barbara (keep weapons after busted) in your previous game saves.
    No worries, it shouldn't affect getting 100%.

    PS2 or PC?
    If PS2, it's the memory card, similar to the VC stats on a new game
    that states vigilante level X.
    PC may have had this patched or fixed by now.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:45:57 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:
    >
    >>I think this was mentioned before. I've started a new game but when I get
    >>wasted or arrested I don't lose my weapons.
    >>Is this an offshoot from dating Katie & Barbara in my previous game?
    >>

    > Yes that's actually documented.
    > It seems like you have in fact dated Katie (keep weapons after wasted)
    > and Barbara (keep weapons after busted) in your previous game saves.
    > No worries, it shouldn't affect getting 100%.
    >
    > PS2 or PC?
    > If PS2, it's the memory card, similar to the VC stats on a new game
    > that states vigilante level X.
    > PC may have had this patched or fixed by now.

    PS2. But I don't want it fixed. ;-)
    I'm quite happy to die many times to get weapons up to Hitman.
    In my first game, if I died or got wasted I re-loaded and started again. Now
    I don't have to.

Games Video Games