Crash with 3D Games and GeForce6600GT

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hi to all
i've just own a Leadetk A6600GT TDH for install on a Abit BE7 Raid.
Equipement :
P4 2.4@2.55
1024Mo DDRam 2700 ( 2x512)
Enermax PSU 460w
3HDD 30/60/80Go (Maxtor/Seagate and IBM) ATA 133
CDR-RW and DVDRom
PCI Card Hauppauge TV BT878
PCI Card Firewire 1394 Pinnacle
XP Pro Update SP1 and other Critical UpDate
DX9c
Forceware 71.89
2 8*8Fan on rear extract, 1 8*8 on top extract, 1 8*8 on flanck flow to
inside ( in front of chipset rad ), 1 12*12 in low face flow to inside
When i'm playing The Lord of The Ring, res 1027/768 32Bit, the game sometime
crash and this error appears :
http://el.chupacabra.free.fr/Erreur%20DX8.jpeg
i've monitoring the GPU with RivaTurner, the temp never up 65°, the CPU is
50° full loaded (Seti)
Not all the time, independament of the complexitivity of graphisms ( I won
Minas Tirith Battle without any crash ), the game crash, Futurmark 3DMark
2003, crash also sometimes with a big freeze, but not all the time
I've 3050 Pts with 3Dmark 2005, it has never crashed

My +12v is 11.92v ( Monitoring with SpeedFan 2.24 ) and a Molex is well fix
on the Geforce, it supply only the VideoCard, nothing else.
Do you have an idea ? Is it that driver corrupt ? or is it a hardware
problem ?
Thanks for reply

--
Roswellbob

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
13 answers Last reply
More about crash games geforce6600gt
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    In article <42aec3fd$0$2554$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, Roswellbob says...

    > When i'm playing The Lord of The Ring, res 1027/768 32Bit, the game sometime
    > crash and this error appears :
    > http://el.chupacabra.free.fr/Erreur%20DX8.jpeg
    > i've monitoring the GPU with RivaTurner, the temp never up 65°, the CPU is
    > 50° full loaded (Seti)
    > Not all the time, independament of the complexitivity of graphisms ( I won
    > Minas Tirith Battle without any crash ), the game crash, Futurmark 3DMark
    > 2003, crash also sometimes with a big freeze, but not all the time
    > I've 3050 Pts with 3Dmark 2005, it has never crashed
    >
    > My +12v is 11.92v ( Monitoring with SpeedFan 2.24 ) and a Molex is well fix
    > on the Geforce, it supply only the VideoCard, nothing else.
    > Do you have an idea ? Is it that driver corrupt ? or is it a hardware
    > problem ?

    Let me think.....

    > P4 2.4@2.55

    TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
    overclocking the chipset.

    --
    Conor

    "Be incomprehensible. If they can't understand, they can't disagree"
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    That power supply unit is too underpowered for the large number and types of
    devices that you driving in that system! During graphics heavy games you
    are overdriving that poor power supply unit.
    I would recommend getting an ANTEC True Power 550 Watt PSU to drive all
    that.

    --
    DaveW

    "Roswellbob" <roswellbobpasdepub@zwanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi to all
    > i've just own a Leadetk A6600GT TDH for install on a Abit BE7 Raid.
    > Equipement :
    > P4 2.4@2.55
    > 1024Mo DDRam 2700 ( 2x512)
    > Enermax PSU 460w
    > 3HDD 30/60/80Go (Maxtor/Seagate and IBM) ATA 133
    > CDR-RW and DVDRom
    > PCI Card Hauppauge TV BT878
    > PCI Card Firewire 1394 Pinnacle
    > XP Pro Update SP1 and other Critical UpDate
    > DX9c
    > Forceware 71.89
    > 2 8*8Fan on rear extract, 1 8*8 on top extract, 1 8*8 on flanck flow to
    > inside ( in front of chipset rad ), 1 12*12 in low face flow to inside
    > When i'm playing The Lord of The Ring, res 1027/768 32Bit, the game
    > sometime
    > crash and this error appears :
    > http://el.chupacabra.free.fr/Erreur%20DX8.jpeg
    > i've monitoring the GPU with RivaTurner, the temp never up 65°, the CPU is
    > 50° full loaded (Seti)
    > Not all the time, independament of the complexitivity of graphisms ( I won
    > Minas Tirith Battle without any crash ), the game crash, Futurmark 3DMark
    > 2003, crash also sometimes with a big freeze, but not all the time
    > I've 3050 Pts with 3Dmark 2005, it has never crashed
    >
    > My +12v is 11.92v ( Monitoring with SpeedFan 2.24 ) and a Molex is well
    > fix
    > on the Geforce, it supply only the VideoCard, nothing else.
    > Do you have an idea ? Is it that driver corrupt ? or is it a hardware
    > problem ?
    > Thanks for reply
    >

    > --
    > Roswellbob
    >
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
    nous deblatera le message :
    dans lequel il se targue de dire :

    > TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
    > overclocking the chipset.

    It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
    ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
    reason so

    --
    Roswellbob

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Roswellbob wrote:
    > Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
    > nous deblatera le message :
    > dans lequel il se targue de dire :
    >

    >>TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
    >>overclocking the chipset.
    >

    > It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
    > ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
    > reason so

    This appears to be a well known issue,check this out.
    http://www.gamearena.com.au/files/details/html/16295
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Different video card. Might not like overclocking. Also, try different
    drivers. On one recent game I played(Gothic 2) I had to revert to some
    ptretty old drivers to get it to run properly.

    > Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
    > nous deblatera le message :
    > dans lequel il se targue de dire :
    >

    > > TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
    > > overclocking the chipset.
    >
    > It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
    > ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
    > reason so
    >

    > --
    > Roswellbob
    >
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
    > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Pour occuper ses RTT "Dave"
    nous deblatera le message :
    dans lequel il se targue de dire :

    > This appears to be a well known issue,check this out.
    > http://www.gamearena.com.au/files/details/html/16295

    Thanks a lot, i didn't understand why 3DMark 2005 worked fine without any
    crash or freeze.
    I'll install older driver tomorrow and follow up the issue here
    Have a good night :-)

    --
    Roswellbob

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Install the 66.xx drivers. I had a similar problem which I solved by
    removing my 71.xx driver.

    Hope that helps.

    Derek
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Pour occuper ses RTT "julyderek@hotmail.com"
    nous deblatera le message :
    dans lequel il se targue de dire :

    > Install the 66.xx drivers. I had a similar problem which I solved by
    > removing my 71.xx driver.

    Seems to be fixed with the 66.94 drivers, now 3DMark 2003 pass up the test
    and obtain 7800Pts, i'll try playing LoTR this afternoon

    --
    Roswellbob

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:39:48 GMT, Dave <Dave@home.con> wrote:

    >Roswellbob wrote:
    >> Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
    >> nous deblatera le message :
    >> dans lequel il se targue de dire :
    >>

    >>>TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
    >>>overclocking the chipset.
    >>

    >> It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
    >> ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
    >> reason so
    >>

    >This appears to be a well known issue,check this out.
    >http://www.gamearena.com.au/files/details/html/16295

    Try out the new 77.50 Drivers..
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On 15 Jun 2005 01:24:38 -0700, "julyderek@hotmail.com" <burzinb@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Install the 66.xx drivers. I had a similar problem which I solved by
    >removing my 71.xx driver.
    >
    >Hope that helps.
    >
    >Derek

    Why not try the 77.50 ones..
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    In article <ivednUHmYYkw9DLfRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, DaveW <none@zero.org> wrote:
    #That power supply unit is too underpowered for the large number and types of
    #devices that you driving in that system! During graphics heavy games you
    #are overdriving that poor power supply unit.

    Hmmm. "Bull Hockey."

    #I would recommend getting an ANTEC True Power 550 Watt PSU to drive all
    #that.

    Everyone is prepared to slay the last dragon. Now that "undersized power
    supply" is a mantra, people throw it out there in the silliest of
    cases... like this one.

    I've run more than that on an ANTEC 350W PS, and Enermax is just as good
    a brand. If the problem here is power, the PS is defective, not
    undersized.

    Ken.
    Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
    WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    In article <f8g1b1pi70e4tnau5b8r6a1nejllb78ao4@4ax.com>, Tony says...
    > Nothing at all wrong with it, its been given a 100% results in the Forums..

    Yes, very nice - thumbs up from a small group of people, mostly snotty
    kids. Ask how many of them have a Phlips SA7134 based TV card in their
    PC. You are aware of course that there are millions of possible
    hardware combinations?

    --
    Conor

    "Be incomprehensible. If they can't understand, they can't disagree"
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    Pour occuper ses RTT "Roswellbob"
    nous deblatera le message :
    dans lequel il se targue de dire :

    > Seems to be fixed with the 66.94 drivers, now 3DMark 2003 pass up the
    > test and obtain 7800Pts, i'll try playing LoTR this afternoon

    3 Hours playing non stop, no problems with those drivers :-)

    --
    Roswellbob

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/