Crash with 3D Games and GeForce6600GT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 14, 2005 5:48:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hi to all
i've just own a Leadetk A6600GT TDH for install on a Abit BE7 Raid.
Equipement :
P4 2.4@2.55
1024Mo DDRam 2700 ( 2x512)
Enermax PSU 460w
3HDD 30/60/80Go (Maxtor/Seagate and IBM) ATA 133
CDR-RW and DVDRom
PCI Card Hauppauge TV BT878
PCI Card Firewire 1394 Pinnacle
XP Pro Update SP1 and other Critical UpDate
DX9c
Forceware 71.89
2 8*8Fan on rear extract, 1 8*8 on top extract, 1 8*8 on flanck flow to
inside ( in front of chipset rad ), 1 12*12 in low face flow to inside
When i'm playing The Lord of The Ring, res 1027/768 32Bit, the game sometime
crash and this error appears :
http://el.chupacabra.free.fr/Erreur%20DX8.jpeg
i've monitoring the GPU with RivaTurner, the temp never up 65°, the CPU is
50° full loaded (Seti)
Not all the time, independament of the complexitivity of graphisms ( I won
Minas Tirith Battle without any crash ), the game crash, Futurmark 3DMark
2003, crash also sometimes with a big freeze, but not all the time
I've 3050 Pts with 3Dmark 2005, it has never crashed

My +12v is 11.92v ( Monitoring with SpeedFan 2.24 ) and a Molex is well fix
on the Geforce, it supply only the VideoCard, nothing else.
Do you have an idea ? Is it that driver corrupt ? or is it a hardware
problem ?
Thanks for reply

--
Roswellbob

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 6:56:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

In article <42aec3fd$0$2554$636a15ce@news.free.fr>, Roswellbob says...

> When i'm playing The Lord of The Ring, res 1027/768 32Bit, the game sometime
> crash and this error appears :
> http://el.chupacabra.free.fr/Erreur%20DX8.jpeg
> i've monitoring the GPU with RivaTurner, the temp never up 65°, the CPU is
> 50° full loaded (Seti)
> Not all the time, independament of the complexitivity of graphisms ( I won
> Minas Tirith Battle without any crash ), the game crash, Futurmark 3DMark
> 2003, crash also sometimes with a big freeze, but not all the time
> I've 3050 Pts with 3Dmark 2005, it has never crashed
>
> My +12v is 11.92v ( Monitoring with SpeedFan 2.24 ) and a Molex is well fix
> on the Geforce, it supply only the VideoCard, nothing else.
> Do you have an idea ? Is it that driver corrupt ? or is it a hardware
> problem ?

Let me think.....

> P4 2.4@2.55

TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
overclocking the chipset.

--
Conor

"Be incomprehensible. If they can't understand, they can't disagree"
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 8:35:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

That power supply unit is too underpowered for the large number and types of
devices that you driving in that system! During graphics heavy games you
are overdriving that poor power supply unit.
I would recommend getting an ANTEC True Power 550 Watt PSU to drive all
that.

--
DaveW

"Roswellbob" <roswellbobpasdepub@zwanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> Hi to all
> i've just own a Leadetk A6600GT TDH for install on a Abit BE7 Raid.
> Equipement :
> P4 2.4@2.55
> 1024Mo DDRam 2700 ( 2x512)
> Enermax PSU 460w
> 3HDD 30/60/80Go (Maxtor/Seagate and IBM) ATA 133
> CDR-RW and DVDRom
> PCI Card Hauppauge TV BT878
> PCI Card Firewire 1394 Pinnacle
> XP Pro Update SP1 and other Critical UpDate
> DX9c
> Forceware 71.89
> 2 8*8Fan on rear extract, 1 8*8 on top extract, 1 8*8 on flanck flow to
> inside ( in front of chipset rad ), 1 12*12 in low face flow to inside
> When i'm playing The Lord of The Ring, res 1027/768 32Bit, the game
> sometime
> crash and this error appears :
> http://el.chupacabra.free.fr/Erreur%20DX8.jpeg
> i've monitoring the GPU with RivaTurner, the temp never up 65°, the CPU is
> 50° full loaded (Seti)
> Not all the time, independament of the complexitivity of graphisms ( I won
> Minas Tirith Battle without any crash ), the game crash, Futurmark 3DMark
> 2003, crash also sometimes with a big freeze, but not all the time
> I've 3050 Pts with 3Dmark 2005, it has never crashed
>
> My +12v is 11.92v ( Monitoring with SpeedFan 2.24 ) and a Molex is well
> fix
> on the Geforce, it supply only the VideoCard, nothing else.
> Do you have an idea ? Is it that driver corrupt ? or is it a hardware
> problem ?
> Thanks for reply
>

> --
> Roswellbob
>
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/

June 14, 2005 10:17:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
nous deblatera le message :
dans lequel il se targue de dire :

> TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
> overclocking the chipset.

It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
reason so

--
Roswellbob

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
June 14, 2005 10:17:37 PM

Roswellbob wrote:
> Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
> nous deblatera le message :
> dans lequel il se targue de dire :
>

>>TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
>>overclocking the chipset.
>

> It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
> ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
> reason so

This appears to be a well known issue,check this out.
http://www.gamearena.com.au/files/details/html/16295
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 11:19:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Different video card. Might not like overclocking. Also, try different
drivers. On one recent game I played(Gothic 2) I had to revert to some
ptretty old drivers to get it to run properly.

> Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
> nous deblatera le message :
> dans lequel il se targue de dire :
>

> > TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
> > overclocking the chipset.
>
> It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
> ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
> reason so
>

> --
> Roswellbob
>
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:20:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Pour occuper ses RTT "Dave"
nous deblatera le message :
dans lequel il se targue de dire :

> This appears to be a well known issue,check this out.
> http://www.gamearena.com.au/files/details/html/16295

Thanks a lot, i didn't understand why 3DMark 2005 worked fine without any
crash or freeze.
I'll install older driver tomorrow and follow up the issue here
Have a good night :-)

--
Roswellbob

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:24:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Install the 66.xx drivers. I had a similar problem which I solved by
removing my 71.xx driver.

Hope that helps.

Derek
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:00:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Pour occuper ses RTT "julyderek@hotmail.com"
nous deblatera le message :
dans lequel il se targue de dire :

> Install the 66.xx drivers. I had a similar problem which I solved by
> removing my 71.xx driver.

Seems to be fixed with the 66.94 drivers, now 3DMark 2003 pass up the test
and obtain 7800Pts, i'll try playing LoTR this afternoon

--
Roswellbob

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Sylvestre/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gastounet/Arsouille/
June 15, 2005 7:19:50 PM

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:39:48 GMT, Dave <Dave@home.con> wrote:

>Roswellbob wrote:
>> Pour occuper ses RTT "Conor"
>> nous deblatera le message :
>> dans lequel il se targue de dire :
>>

>>>TRy setting the FSB back to what it should be so you're not
>>>overclocking the chipset.
>>

>> It's since two years this PC is OC 2.4@2.55, no problems with my GeForce 4
>> ti4200, and the AGP Bus frequency is fix to 66Mhz, i don't think it's the
>> reason so
>>

>This appears to be a well known issue,check this out.
>http://www.gamearena.com.au/files/details/html/16295

Try out the new 77.50 Drivers..
June 16, 2005 1:34:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On 15 Jun 2005 01:24:38 -0700, "julyderek@hotmail.com" <burzinb@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Install the 66.xx drivers. I had a similar problem which I solved by
>removing my 71.xx driver.
>
>Hope that helps.
>
>Derek

Why not try the 77.50 ones..
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:50:10 AM

In article <ivednUHmYYkw9DLfRVn-uQ@comcast.com>, DaveW <none@zero.org> wrote:
#That power supply unit is too underpowered for the large number and types of
#devices that you driving in that system! During graphics heavy games you
#are overdriving that poor power supply unit.

Hmmm. "Bull Hockey."

#I would recommend getting an ANTEC True Power 550 Watt PSU to drive all
#that.

Everyone is prepared to slay the last dragon. Now that "undersized power
supply" is a mantra, people throw it out there in the silliest of
cases... like this one.

I've run more than that on an ANTEC 350W PS, and Enermax is just as good
a brand. If the problem here is power, the PS is defective, not
undersized.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!
June 16, 2005 2:42:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

In article <f8g1b1pi70e4tnau5b8r6a1nejllb78ao4@4ax.com>, Tony says...
> Nothing at all wrong with it, its been given a 100% results in the Forums..

Yes, very nice - thumbs up from a small group of people, mostly snotty
kids. Ask how many of them have a Phlips SA7134 based TV card in their
PC. You are aware of course that there are millions of possible
hardware combinations?

--
Conor

"Be incomprehensible. If they can't understand, they can't disagree"
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 6:46:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Pour occuper ses RTT "Roswellbob"
nous deblatera le message :
dans lequel il se targue de dire :

> Seems to be fixed with the 66.94 drivers, now 3DMark 2003 pass up the
> test and obtain 7800Pts, i'll try playing LoTR this afternoon

3 Hours playing non stop, no problems with those drivers :-)

--

!