taskbar in both monitors of dual monitor system.

I have XP SP2 and two Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 PCI cards running a
dual monitor
system. Everything is working well. I would, however, prefer to have
either a single taskbar across both monitors, or twin taskbars running
on both. Currently, I have a single taskbar on the left monitor and no
taskbar on the right. Is this something that is supported/implemented
in the nview program?

I found this quote from an earlier usenet positing:

<usenet quote>
Found 'Allow taskbar to span multiple monitors' in the Windows tab
in nView Desktop Manager.
</usenet quote>

but this option is not in the verion of nview that I am using.

I have seen some 3rd party solutions but I have not liked what I've
tried.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
1 answer Last reply
More about taskbar monitors dual monitor system

    <keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message
    > I have XP SP2 and two Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 PCI cards running a
    > dual monitor
    > system. Everything is working well. I would, however, prefer to have
    > either a single taskbar across both monitors, or twin taskbars running
    > on both. Currently, I have a single taskbar on the left monitor and
    > no taskbar on the right. Is this something that is
    > supported/implemented in the nview program?
    >
    > I found this quote from an earlier usenet positing:
    >
    > <usenet quote>
    > Found 'Allow taskbar to span multiple monitors' in the Windows tab
    > in nView Desktop Manager.
    > </usenet quote>
    >
    > but this option is not in the verion of nview that I am using.
    >
    > I have seen some 3rd party solutions but I have not liked what I've
    > tried.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can provide.

    I just started up two 19" LCD's on my system today. I was wondering the
    same thing you are, and while there is a lot of stuff in the nView tools
    to play with, you can't even move the monitors left to right in nView.
    I've seen nothing so far to give me a taskbar on both monitors. Will
    keep looking, but I won't spend $50 + on a 3rd party solution for this.
    Will just have to nag NVidia until they get off the pot.
    McG.

Nvidia Taskbar Dual Monitors Monitors Graphics