taskbar in both monitors of dual monitor system.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 15, 2005 11:46:18 AM

I have XP SP2 and two Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 PCI cards running a
dual monitor
system. Everything is working well. I would, however, prefer to have
either a single taskbar across both monitors, or twin taskbars running
on both. Currently, I have a single taskbar on the left monitor and no
taskbar on the right. Is this something that is supported/implemented
in the nview program?

I found this quote from an earlier usenet positing:

<usenet quote>
Found 'Allow taskbar to span multiple monitors' in the Windows tab
in nView Desktop Manager.
</usenet quote>

but this option is not in the verion of nview that I am using.

I have seen some 3rd party solutions but I have not liked what I've
tried.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 16, 2005 5:20:43 AM

<keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message
> I have XP SP2 and two Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 PCI cards running a
> dual monitor
> system. Everything is working well. I would, however, prefer to have
> either a single taskbar across both monitors, or twin taskbars running
> on both. Currently, I have a single taskbar on the left monitor and
> no taskbar on the right. Is this something that is
> supported/implemented in the nview program?
>
> I found this quote from an earlier usenet positing:
>
> <usenet quote>
> Found 'Allow taskbar to span multiple monitors' in the Windows tab
> in nView Desktop Manager.
> </usenet quote>
>
> but this option is not in the verion of nview that I am using.
>
> I have seen some 3rd party solutions but I have not liked what I've
> tried.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.

I just started up two 19" LCD's on my system today. I was wondering the
same thing you are, and while there is a lot of stuff in the nView tools
to play with, you can't even move the monitors left to right in nView.
I've seen nothing so far to give me a taskbar on both monitors. Will
keep looking, but I won't spend $50 + on a 3rd party solution for this.
Will just have to nag NVidia until they get off the pot.
McG.
!