wrong display card ID after upgrade driver

Strangely, after I patch the display driver from 66.93 to 71.89, the display
card info which suppose to be 6200 become downgrade to 5200? A bug? Should I
ignore it?
4 answers Last reply
More about wrong display card upgrade driver

    nobody knows what went wrong?

    > nobody knows what went wrong?
    >

    > "Rayson" <lwseong@streamyx.com> wrote in message
    >> Strangely, after I patch the display driver from 66.93 to 71.89, the
    >> display card info which suppose to be 6200 become downgrade to 5200?
    >> A bug? Should I ignore it?

    No, haven't had that happen to me yet. I think I'd completely
    uninstall the drivers, then select Standard PCI VGA as the video card,
    reboot, then reinstall the driver set.
    McG.

    i prefer not to uninstall the driver as last time, the system totally lock
    up after I select uninstall Nvidia Display Driver. Can I just skip to step
    by just change the driver to basic and then reinstall again? I am using
    WinXP pro1b

    > i prefer not to uninstall the driver as last time, the system totally
    > lock up after I select uninstall Nvidia Display Driver. Can I just
    > skip to step by just change the driver to basic and then reinstall
    > again? I am using WinXP pro1b

    >> "Rayson" <lwseong@streamyx.com> wrote in message
    >>> nobody knows what went wrong?
    >>>

    >>> "Rayson" <lwseong@streamyx.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> No, haven't had that happen to me yet. I think I'd completely
    >> uninstall the drivers, then select Standard PCI VGA as the video
    >> card, reboot, then reinstall the driver set.
    >> McG.

    If selecting Standard PCI VGA then rebooting works without the lockup,
    the do that. THEN uninstall the nvidia driver as it won't be in use.
    Still, seems kind of a rare glitch that the nvidia driver reports the
    wrong video card. I was thinking it might be due to the newer driver
    possibly using bits of the older one.
    McG.

Nvidia Downgrade Graphics Displays