More updated driver, anyone?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi,

I'm running XP HE with a Nvidia GeForce2 Go in a Toshiba laptop which is 3
years old now. The driver version I have is 1.6.20, produced in 2001. I've
checked Nvidia's website and downloaded their latest drivers, but they're
not compatible with the card I have.

What I'm trying to do, is connect the laptop to a Toshiba 32WL48P LCD TV via
the 15pin D-Sub connection. This shows the desktop wallpaper but no icons,
despite changing the Nvidia cards settings to enable Windows to be displayed
on the tv. In the device select settings, only 'analogue monitor' is
displayed when using the LCD TV, the 'TV' option is greyed out.

I was wondering if a more up to date driver would solve this, if anyone out
there has one? Windows latest driver doesn't help. Or is the card just too
old?

Many thanks.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Jack" <askme@1hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm running XP HE with a Nvidia GeForce2 Go in a Toshiba laptop which is 3
> years old now. The driver version I have is 1.6.20, produced in 2001.
> I've checked Nvidia's website and downloaded their latest drivers, but
> they're not compatible with the card I have.
>
> What I'm trying to do, is connect the laptop to a Toshiba 32WL48P LCD TV
> via the 15pin D-Sub connection. This shows the desktop wallpaper but no
> icons, despite changing the Nvidia cards settings to enable Windows to be
> displayed on the tv. In the device select settings, only 'analogue
> monitor' is displayed when using the LCD TV, the 'TV' option is greyed
> out.
>
> I was wondering if a more up to date driver would solve this, if anyone
> out there has one? Windows latest driver doesn't help. Or is the card
> just too old?
>
> Many thanks.
Best place for laptop video drivers is:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./
HTH,
Bob

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:16:06 +0100, "Jack" <askme@1hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm running XP HE with a Nvidia GeForce2 Go in a Toshiba laptop which is 3
>years old now. The driver version I have is 1.6.20, produced in 2001. I've
>checked Nvidia's website and downloaded their latest drivers, but they're
>not compatible with the card I have.
>
>What I'm trying to do, is connect the laptop to a Toshiba 32WL48P LCD TV via
>the 15pin D-Sub connection. This shows the desktop wallpaper but no icons,
>despite changing the Nvidia cards settings to enable Windows to be displayed
>on the tv. In the device select settings, only 'analogue monitor' is
>displayed when using the LCD TV, the 'TV' option is greyed out.

That is correct as the TV option is for a AV RCA connection not the VGA
one..

>I was wondering if a more up to date driver would solve this, if anyone out
>there has one? Windows latest driver doesn't help. Or is the card just too
>old?
>
>Many thanks.

This site has the biggest collection of drivers out

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

Mind you the laptop might need custom drivers, try the Toshiba web site

has anyone tried http://www.laptopvideo2go.com recently? i desperatly
need drivers for my notebook but the server seems to be down. anyone
know the story? or where else to find drivers?

thanks,
-eric j.