Boot up POST on wrong display

I'm using a Geforce4 Ti4400 with two monitors connected (1 DVI and 1
VGA). When my machine boots, the boot up information and POST appears
on the VGA output. I want my DVI to be the primary monitor, and show
all boot information. Furthermore, in WinXP, my DVI is listed as
display #2, the VGA is display #1. I think it should be reversed.
Disconnecting my VGA monitor causes all bootup info to be lost. The
DVI monitor only starts displaying anything when the WinXP desktop
appears. I'm using NVidia driver v71.89

TIA

Well, can't say much about your problem, but with my setup of a Ti4200, one
17" VGA and one 21" VGA (With adapter to the DVI port), I get POST info and
Win-XP Boot screen on both monitors.

On my card, the VGA port is Display #1. There doesn't appear to be any way
to change it. There are settings in the drivers to tell the system with
display # should be the "primary" display device. This is most likely the
best you are going to get...