New Drivers. Official Nvidia 77.72 WHQL Candidate all plat..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 23, 2005 8:14:19 AM

http://www.guru3d.com/

Yes 2000/XP/NT/98/ME
June 23, 2005 8:14:20 AM

"Candidate" still is not "WHQL approved" is it ?

rms
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 23, 2005 8:14:20 AM

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html

--
Virez Saddam pour me répondre.
Remove Saddam to reply.

"Democracy means despair of finding any heroes to govern you,
and contented putting up with the want of them."
Thomas Carlyle
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 23, 2005 8:14:20 AM

Also now on the Nvidia site for download.

Question: As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference in
any games or benchmarks?

TIA
"Tony" <ts@nospam.comn> wrote in message

> http://www.guru3d.com/
>

> Yes 2000/XP/NT/98/ME

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 23, 2005 8:14:21 AM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> "Candidate" still is not "WHQL approved" is it ?
>
> rms

No, it just means they've been submitted to the WHQL for approval.

RF.
June 23, 2005 8:14:21 AM

> Question: As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference in
> any games or benchmarks?

Only odd thing I noticed was that on the Color Correction page, make
sure the dropdown box says All and not just desktop. videos were all washed
out otherwise.

rms
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 24, 2005 3:24:29 AM

"Tom Dauphin" <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Also now on the Nvidia site for download.
>
> Question: As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference in
> any games or benchmarks?

Yes, just instaleld the new driver and now Half-Life 2 will not run. Says:
"Failed to set video mode, resetting to defaults. Game will now restart with
new video settings" Then restarts and gives same error. I think I'll be
going bakc to the previous version now...
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 24, 2005 7:33:12 AM

The certified drivers were just posted to the Nvidia site tonight - 06/23.
Is anybody having similar problems or other problems with them?

TIA
"Cory Dunkle" <cdnews@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Tom Dauphin" <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Also now on the Nvidia site for download.
>>
>> Question: As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference
>> in
>> any games or benchmarks?
>
> Yes, just instaleld the new driver and now Half-Life 2 will not run. Says:
> "Failed to set video mode, resetting to defaults. Game will now restart
> with
> new video settings" Then restarts and gives same error. I think I'll be
> going bakc to the previous version now...

June 24, 2005 9:31:19 AM

"Cory Dunkle" <cdnews@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Tom Dauphin" <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Also now on the Nvidia site for download.
> >
> > Question: As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference
in
> > any games or benchmarks?
>
> Yes, just instaleld the new driver and now Half-Life 2 will not run. Says:
> "Failed to set video mode, resetting to defaults. Game will now restart
with
> new video settings" Then restarts and gives same error. I think I'll be
> going bakc to the previous version now...

HL2 running fine for me with the 77.72 drivers off the Nvidia site.

Rob.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 25, 2005 1:37:01 PM

"Cory Dunkle" <cdnews@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Tom Dauphin" <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Also now on the Nvidia site for download.
> >
> > Question: As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference
in
> > any games or benchmarks?
>
> Yes, just instaleld the new driver and now Half-Life 2 will not run. Says:
> "Failed to set video mode, resetting to defaults. Game will now restart
with
> new video settings" Then restarts and gives same error. I think I'll be
> going bakc to the previous version now...

Update, the new drivers work fine on my 6600 card but on my Ti4200 the HL2
issues are present.

Cory
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 25, 2005 8:52:40 PM

>> Question: As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference
>> in any games or benchmarks?
>
> Only odd thing I noticed was that on the Color Correction page, make
> sure the dropdown box says All and not just desktop. videos were all
> washed out otherwise.
>
> rms

Tnx for that tip, it was driving me nuts.
Everything was okay except the movies viewed in mediaplayers.
I changed the setting from desktop to all and thank god (and rms) ;-)
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 26, 2005 2:41:20 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:57:20 GMT, "Tom Dauphin"
<tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote:

> As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference in
>any games or benchmarks?

In FS 2004, when changing planes, no longer see a preview of the
planes so have to select 'blind'.

--
Cheers,

Guy

a b \ Driver
June 26, 2005 2:41:21 AM

I've noticed the same thing in FS2004 but found that if I
temporarily switch to window view (Alt-Enter) the preview
of the planes is visible. Then alt-Enter to go back to
full screen.

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:41:20 +0100, Dr Teeth
<no.email.here.please@tardis.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:57:20 GMT, "Tom Dauphin"
><tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference in
>>any games or benchmarks?
>
>In FS 2004, when changing planes, no longer see a preview of the
>planes so have to select 'blind'.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 26, 2005 3:43:36 AM

On 25 Jun 2005 18:16:24 EDT, John S <jseale@cts.com> wrote:

>I've noticed the same thing in FS2004 but found that if I
>temporarily switch to window view (Alt-Enter) the preview
>of the planes is visible. Then alt-Enter to go back to
>full screen.

Do you only have to do it once for a FS session or each time you want
to change planes?

Another bummer with Nvidia drivers, the higher antialiassing is set,
the more difficult it is to use Java apps. For e.g., if AA is set to
max, and it try to use a Java app, I just get a gray box (all text
gone).

No such problems with ATi (last card 9800 Pro) and my next card will
be ATi, whose drivers are better tested.

--
Cheers,

Guy

a b \ Driver
June 26, 2005 3:43:37 AM

You have to do it each time you select a plane. I'm thinking there's
probably a setting that would fix that - I tried changing a few, but
no luck.

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:43:36 +0100, Dr Teeth
<no.email.here.please@tardis.com> wrote:

>On 25 Jun 2005 18:16:24 EDT, John S wrote:
>
>Do you only have to do it once for a FS session or each time you want
>to change planes?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 26, 2005 6:58:49 PM

Dr Teeth a écrit :
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:57:20 GMT, "Tom Dauphin"
> <tdauphin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>As anyone installed yet and if so, did it make any difference in
>>any games or benchmarks?
>

> In FS 2004, when changing planes, no longer see a preview of the
> planes so have to select 'blind'.

Yes, plenty of problems for me too: I have the preview all right, but I
have terrible problems with freezing display when I open the map or the
flightplans selector. Also very slow and messy display of the map when
zooming in FSnavigator 4.7.

Then, the intro videos in most Ubisoft games like Raven Shield don't
show at all: I get the sound with a black screen.

All this with a ti4600.
So I'm back with 69.93.

--
Virez Saddam pour me répondre.
Remove Saddam to reply.

"Democracy means despair of finding any heroes to govern you,
and contented putting up with the want of them."
Thomas Carlyle
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 29, 2005 9:18:44 PM

On 25 Jun 2005 22:18:39 EDT, John S <JohnS@cts.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking there's
>probably a setting that would fix that

I doubt it. I've reverted and all is okay. Originally ran 71.84,
reverted to 71.89.

--
Cheers,

Guy