GT6600 and weird problem with .avi or mpeg files..

I can’t upgrade driver ??!
Yes,I can,but when I try to watch movie my PC is freezing. Only when
I whant play movie file..avi.mpeg or DVD from a dvd-drive..
-rollback driver..evrything works fine..Upgrade driver nevermind wich
one,it’s freezing every couple a seconds..And I must restart comp.

Games works fine..with old driver and newest.Video file is problem.
??? :roll:

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-GT6600-weird-problem-avi-mpeg-files-ftopict57956.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=292687
4 answers Last reply
More about gt6600 weird problem mpeg files

    On 24 Jun 2005 21:35:57 -0400, maxDK wrote:

    > I can’t upgrade driver ??!
    > Yes,I can,but when I try to watch movie my PC is freezing. Only when
    > I whant play movie file..avi.mpeg or DVD from a dvd-drive..
    > -rollback driver..evrything works fine..Upgrade driver nevermind wich
    > one,it’s freezing every couple a seconds..And I must restart comp.
    >
    > Games works fine..with old driver and newest.Video file is problem.
    > ??? :roll:

    Uninstall driver completely, first in control panel, uninstal programs
    panel then restart, boot inot safe mode (press F8 while booting computer)
    and run driver cleaner pro, be sure to also clean driver cab (option inside
    driver cleaner) and then boot into windows, ignore all those windows stuff
    about drivers that's going to ask you and install your driver 77.72 normaly
    !
    Hope I helped !

    "Nikonja" wrote:
    >On 24 Jun 2005 21:35:57 -0400, maxDK wrote:
    >
    >> I can’t upgrade driver ??!
    >> Yes,I can,but when I try to watch movie my PC is freezing. Only
    >when
    >> I whant play movie file..avi.mpeg or DVD from a dvd-drive..
    >> -rollback driver..evrything works fine..Upgrade driver nevermind
    >wich
    >> one,it’s freezing every couple a seconds..And I must restart comp.
    >>
    >> Games works fine..with old driver and newest.Video file is problem.
    >> ??? :roll:
    >
    >Uninstall driver completely, first in control panel, uninstal
    programs
    >panel then restart, boot inot safe mode (press F8 while booting
    >computer)
    >and run driver cleaner pro, be sure to also clean driver cab (option
    >inside
    >driver cleaner) and then boot into windows, ignore all those windows
    >stuff
    >about drivers that’s going to ask you and install your driver
    >77.72 normaly
    >!
    >Hope I helped !
    Hmm..I try driver cleaner pro before..And I must reinstal new windows
    :(
    Driver clenaer delete som of windows origin. file for windows
    registry,I think..
    Only diferent is ; I not be in safe mode..

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-GT6600-weird-problem-avi-mpeg-files-ftopict57956.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=292891

    "maxDK" wrote:

    Quote:
    On 24 Jun 2005 21:35:57 -0400,
    > maxDK wrote:
    >
    > > I can’t upgrade driver ??!
    > > Yes,I can,but when I try to watch movie my PC is freezing.
    > Only when
    > > I whant play movie file..avi.mpeg or DVD from a dvd-drive..
    > > -rollback driver..evrything works fine..Upgrade driver
    > nevermind wich
    > > one,it’s freezing every couple a seconds..And I must restart
    > comp.
    > >
    > > Games works fine..with old driver and newest.Video file is
    > problem.
    > > ??? :roll:
    >
    > Uninstall driver completely, first in control panel, uninstal
    > programs
    > panel then restart, boot inot safe mode (press F8 while
    > booting computer)
    > and run driver cleaner pro, be sure to also clean driver cab
    > (option inside
    > driver cleaner) and then boot into windows, ignore all those
    > windows stuff
    > about drivers that's going to ask you and install your driver
    > 77.72 normaly
    > !
    > Hope I helped !

    > Hmm..I try driver cleaner pro before..And I must reinstal new
    > windows :(
    > Driver clenaer delete som of windows origin. file for windows
    > registry,I think..
    > Only diferent is ; I not be in safe mode..

    I’ve got the same problem and to fix that i must install old driver,
    71.89 :(
    WIth the old driver or xp driver default I can watch .avi files but
    with the 77.xx family driver there is a freeze (100% in the video
    player)

    On 26 Jun 2005 21:35:47 -0400, wooy <DoNotEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

    >"maxDK" wrote:

    Quote:
    On 24 Jun 2005 21:35:57 -0400,
    > > maxDK wrote:
    > >
    > > > I can’t upgrade driver ??!
    > > > Yes,I can,but when I try to watch movie my PC is freezing.
    > > Only when
    > > > I whant play movie file..avi.mpeg or DVD from a dvd-drive..
    > > > -rollback driver..evrything works fine..Upgrade driver
    > > nevermind wich
    > > > one,it’s freezing every couple a seconds..And I must restart
    > > comp.
    > > >
    > > > Games works fine..with old driver and newest.Video file is
    > > problem.
    > > > ??? :roll:
    > >
    > > Uninstall driver completely, first in control panel, uninstal
    > > programs
    > > panel then restart, boot inot safe mode (press F8 while
    > > booting computer)
    > > and run driver cleaner pro, be sure to also clean driver cab
    > > (option inside
    > > driver cleaner) and then boot into windows, ignore all those
    > > windows stuff
    > > about drivers that's going to ask you and install your driver
    > > 77.72 normaly
    > > !
    > > Hope I helped !

    > > Hmm..I try driver cleaner pro before..And I must reinstal new
    > > windows :(
    > > Driver clenaer delete som of windows origin. file for windows
    > > registry,I think..
    > > Only diferent is ; I not be in safe mode..
    >
    >I’ve got the same problem and to fix that i must install old driver,
    >71.89 :(
    >WIth the old driver or xp driver default I can watch .avi files but
    >with the 77.xx family driver there is a freeze (100% in the video
    >player)

    Get a Upto date Codec or a Better player, I have no problems.

Nvidia MPEG AVI Graphics