nVstrap help please... Enabling Vertex and Pixel units on ..

How might I go about testing for any locked vertex or poixel units on a 6600
card? I'm using RivaTuner w/ nVstrap. Is that the best way to do it? Are
there other programs that will do the same thing?

Anyhow, I have a list of 32 addresses, 9 of which are enabled. Those enabled
are as follows:
bit field / bit mask Description
bit 00 - 0x00000001 Pixel unit 0
bit 01 - 0x00000002 Pixel unit 1
bit 08 - 0x00000100 Vertex unit 0
bit 09 - 0x00000200 Vertex unit 1
bit 10 - 0x00000400 Vertex unit 2
bit 16 - 0x00010000 N/A
bit 17 - 0x00020000 N/A
bit 18 - 0x00040000 N/A
bit 19 - 0x00080000 N/A

Is there any particdular method to see if there is anything to "unlock" or
is is systematically testing enabling each location and seeing if it works,
is faster, or locks up? Are there any articles online about this sort of
thing? Thanks for any advice or information anyone can offer.

Cory
6 answers Last reply
More about nvstrap please enabling vertex pixel units

    On 6/25/2005 3:36 PM Cory Dunkle brightened our day with:

    >How might I go about testing for any locked vertex or poixel units on a 6600
    >card? I'm using RivaTuner w/ nVstrap. Is that the best way to do it? Are
    >there other programs that will do the same thing?
    >

    >Is there any particdular method to see if there is anything to "unlock" or
    >is is systematically testing enabling each location and seeing if it works,
    >is faster, or locks up? Are there any articles online about this sort of
    >thing? Thanks for any advice or information anyone can offer.
    >
    > Cory

    In RivaTuner is anything marked "yes" under HW Masked? No? That would
    make sense because there isn't anything on the 6600 to unlock.

    --
    "I don't feel tardy"

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    "Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    > On 6/25/2005 3:36 PM Cory Dunkle brightened our day with:
    >
    > >How might I go about testing for any locked vertex or poixel units on a
    6600
    > >card? I'm using RivaTuner w/ nVstrap. Is that the best way to do it? Are
    > >there other programs that will do the same thing?
    > >
    > >Is there any particdular method to see if there is anything to "unlock"
    or
    > >is is systematically testing enabling each location and seeing if it
    works,
    > >is faster, or locks up? Are there any articles online about this sort of
    > >thing? Thanks for any advice or information anyone can offer.
    > >
    > > Cory
    > >
    > In RivaTuner is anything marked "yes" under HW Masked? No? That would
    > make sense because there isn't anything on the 6600 to unlock.

    Okay, that's what I wanted to know. I figured since IIRC the 6600 GT has
    extra vertex and pixel units there could be something to enable, as there is
    with the 6800 to 6800 GT/Ultra. Guess I won't worry about it and will just
    continue to oveerclock. It's running stable at 370/581 now. Too much more on
    the memory and it gives artifacts. Still going up on the GPU, so far it's
    stable. Memory speed seems to be the primary limiting factor though, as far
    as performance is concerned.

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:11:04 -0400, "Cory Dunkle" <cdnews@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >Okay, that's what I wanted to know. I figured since IIRC the 6600 GT has
    >extra vertex and pixel units there could be something to enable, as there is
    >with the 6800 to 6800 GT/Ultra. Guess I won't worry about it and will just

    the 6600gts & ultras don't have extra pipelines over the vanilla. the
    difference is the vram. vanilla has ddr, gt & ultra have ddr3.

    dr ratt

    i'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, insanity & violence to anyone but they've always worked for me.

    Im running mine @ 380/610 (msi6600td), and have no probs. Running stuff like
    Far Cry, D3, Halo, RTCW, UII, etc. No heat probs either, still running stock
    cooler.

    oldwolf

    Okay, that's what I wanted to know. I figured since IIRC the 6600 GT has
    extra vertex and pixel units there could be something to enable, as there is
    with the 6800 to 6800 GT/Ultra. Guess I won't worry about it and will just
    continue to oveerclock. It's running stable at 370/581 now. Too much more on
    the memory and it gives artifacts. Still going up on the GPU, so far it's
    stable. Memory speed seems to be the primary limiting factor though, as far
    as performance is concerned.

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:23:06 +1000, "oldwolf"
    <stmutch@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    >Im running mine @ 380/610 (msi6600td), and have no probs. Running stuff like
    >Far Cry, D3, Halo, RTCW, UII, etc. No heat probs either, still running stock
    >cooler.

    i run my msi 6600 at 500/1000. the 77.30 driver optimised the speed to
    550/1100 but i get artifacts in bf2 [not d3, hl2/cs, though] at those
    speeds.

    dr ratt
    i'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, insanity & violence to anyone but they've always worked for me.

    Sure there are. At least on the older version. It was a crippled GT.

    "Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    > On 6/25/2005 3:36 PM Cory Dunkle brightened our day with:
    >
    > >How might I go about testing for any locked vertex or poixel units on a
    6600
    > >card? I'm using RivaTuner w/ nVstrap. Is that the best way to do it? Are
    > >there other programs that will do the same thing?
    > >

    > >Is there any particdular method to see if there is anything to "unlock"
    or
    > >is is systematically testing enabling each location and seeing if it
    works,
    > >is faster, or locks up? Are there any articles online about this sort of
    > >thing? Thanks for any advice or information anyone can offer.
    > >
    > > Cory
    > >

    > In RivaTuner is anything marked "yes" under HW Masked? No? That would
    > make sense because there isn't anything on the 6600 to unlock.
    >
    > --
    > "I don't feel tardy"
    >
    > Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    > www.inglostadt.com