System Crashes After Driver Update

I am running a Compaq 7110US desktop with Windows XP (all the latest
updates from MS installed) that still has the original nVidia GeFroce2
MX video card. I'm currently using drivers dated 10/6/03 version
5.2.1.6.

I downloaded the latest drivers from the nVidia website and installed
them but when my PC reboots after the install I get "the blue screen
of death" with an error message saying there is a hardware
failure/parity error.

If I reboot into Safe Mode and roll back my video card to the old
driver & then reboot, everything works fine. So what is wrong?
-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

Andy

I'd just stick to drivers that work....aMX video card is quite old, I always
found with my old geforce2 gt the only driver that worked with no probs was
the 23.11 drivers

"Dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am running a Compaq 7110US desktop with Windows XP (all the latest
> updates from MS installed) that still has the original nVidia GeFroce2
> MX video card. I'm currently using drivers dated 10/6/03 version
> 5.2.1.6.
>
> I downloaded the latest drivers from the nVidia website and installed
> them but when my PC reboots after the install I get "the blue screen
> of death" with an error message saying there is a hardware
> failure/parity error.
>
> If I reboot into Safe Mode and roll back my video card to the old
> driver & then reboot, everything works fine. So what is wrong?
> -----
> Kim/Dreamspinner3
> Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

That older video card will NOT work using the latest Nvidia drivers due to
an incompatibility problem. You, unfortunately, have to stick with the
tried and true older drivers.

--
DaveW

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:11:11 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

>That older video card will NOT work using the latest Nvidia drivers due to
>an incompatibility problem. You, unfortunately, have to stick with the
>tried and true older drivers.

Okay. but are there any drivers later than what I have that will still
work?

-----