Gainward 512MB 6200 with 64-bit memory interface (!?)

*completely silent cooling system*

It's how customer research works. The research firms poll people and conduct
focus groups. Of course, if the customer don't know what they want,
especially the ignorant folks shopping for a cheap card... Just wait for the
Golden Sample.

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message

> This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of graphics
> cards.
>
> http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
>
> I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
>
> *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message

> This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of graphics
> cards.

The 256 meg bfg 5200 OC called and said hi ;)

> http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
>
> I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
>
> *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.

There are still people out there who buy video cards thinking it's all about
how much memory the card has. These cards take advantage of them.

Buyer beware I suppose.

Tom

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> There are still people out there who buy video cards thinking it's all
> about how much memory the card has. These cards take advantage of them.
>
> Buyer beware I suppose.

I would say the majority of people that buy pre-built machines.

Dan

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Gainward has a history of trying to mislead consumers. Notice how they slap
the "Ultra" moniker onto cards that aren't Ultras?

DaveL

DaveL wrote:

" Gainward has a history of trying to mislead consumers. Notice how
they slap the *Ultra* moniker onto cards that aren't Ultras? "

Gainward were calling their cards *Powerpack! Ultra / xxx XP* long
before Nvidia started using the term in their FX5xxx series.
Technically, it's Nvidia who stepped on Gainward's toes.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

You sure about that? Nvidia had a TNT Ultra way back in '99.

DaveL

Cuzman wrote:

> This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of
> graphics cards.
>
> http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
>
> I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
>
> *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.

I've already moved to PCI-Express. Going back to AGP would be too
painful, no matter marketing gimmick they event. I put this right
beside the ATI Guru SE line...hey, you can overclock this thing with our
new BIOS......

Tom wrote:

> "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
>
>>This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of graphics
>>cards.
>

> The 256 meg bfg 5200 OC called and said hi ;)
>

>>http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
>>
>>I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
>>
>>*Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.
>

> There are still people out there who buy video cards thinking it's all about
> how much memory the card has. These cards take advantage of them.
>
> Buyer beware I suppose.

I don't understand your comment. This card only has 128MB....

No one wrote:
> Cuzman wrote:
>

>> This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of
>> graphics cards.
>>
>> http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
>>
>> I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
>>
>> *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.
>>
> I've already moved to PCI-Express. Going back to AGP would be too
> painful, no matter marketing gimmick they event. I put this right
> beside the ATI Guru SE line...hey, you can overclock this thing with our
> new BIOS......

There's nothing wrong with AGP. Your just weak.