Gainward 512MB 6200 with 64-bit memory interface (!?)

This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of
graphics cards.

http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html

I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....

*Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.
10 answers Last reply
More about gainward 512mb 6200 memory interface

    *completely silent cooling system*

    It's how customer research works. The research firms poll people and conduct
    focus groups. Of course, if the customer don't know what they want,
    especially the ignorant folks shopping for a cheap card... Just wait for the
    Golden Sample.

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message

    > This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of graphics
    > cards.
    >
    > http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
    >
    > I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
    >
    > *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message

    > This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of graphics
    > cards.

    The 256 meg bfg 5200 OC called and said hi ;)

    > http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
    >
    > I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
    >
    > *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.

    There are still people out there who buy video cards thinking it's all about
    how much memory the card has. These cards take advantage of them.

    Buyer beware I suppose.

    Tom

    > There are still people out there who buy video cards thinking it's all
    > about how much memory the card has. These cards take advantage of them.
    >
    > Buyer beware I suppose.

    I would say the majority of people that buy pre-built machines.

    Dan

    Gainward has a history of trying to mislead consumers. Notice how they slap
    the "Ultra" moniker onto cards that aren't Ultras?

    DaveL

    DaveL wrote:

    " Gainward has a history of trying to mislead consumers. Notice how
    they slap the *Ultra* moniker onto cards that aren't Ultras? "

    Gainward were calling their cards *Powerpack! Ultra / xxx XP* long
    before Nvidia started using the term in their FX5xxx series.
    Technically, it's Nvidia who stepped on Gainward's toes.

    You sure about that? Nvidia had a TNT Ultra way back in '99.

    DaveL

    Cuzman wrote:

    > This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of
    > graphics cards.
    >
    > http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
    >
    > I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
    >
    > *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.

    I've already moved to PCI-Express. Going back to AGP would be too
    painful, no matter marketing gimmick they event. I put this right
    beside the ATI Guru SE line...hey, you can overclock this thing with our
    new BIOS......

    Tom wrote:

    > "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of graphics
    >>cards.
    >

    > The 256 meg bfg 5200 OC called and said hi ;)
    >

    >>http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
    >>
    >>I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
    >>
    >>*Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.
    >

    > There are still people out there who buy video cards thinking it's all about
    > how much memory the card has. These cards take advantage of them.
    >
    > Buyer beware I suppose.

    I don't understand your comment. This card only has 128MB....

    No one wrote:

    " I don't understand your comment. This card only has 128MB.... "

    Gainward have fiddled with their website since I posted the first link.
    We'll see how long this lasts:
    http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison3.html

    No one wrote:
    > Cuzman wrote:
    >

    >> This card has to be the biggest white elephant in the history of
    >> graphics cards.
    >>
    >> http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison4.html
    >>
    >> I can picture the OEM's with their propaganda now....
    >>
    >> *Stunning performance from 512MB GeForce 6 series card*.
    >>
    > I've already moved to PCI-Express. Going back to AGP would be too
    > painful, no matter marketing gimmick they event. I put this right
    > beside the ATI Guru SE line...hey, you can overclock this thing with our
    > new BIOS......

    There's nothing wrong with AGP. Your just weak.

Nvidia Gainward Graphics Cards Memory Graphics