PSU requirments for SLI systems?

I'd figure they must be outrageous, running two 6800 Ultras must take a lot
of power. Does Nvidia recommend a minimal PSU output rating for SLI systems?

--
there is no .sig

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:29:48 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:

>I'd figure they must be outrageous, running two 6800 Ultras must take a lot
>of power. Does Nvidia recommend a minimal PSU output rating for SLI systems?

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_build.html

Go to the bottom of the page. Look up the respective specs on the
manufacturer's web-site.

John Lewis

>--
>there is no .sig

That is outrageous, 550+ watts! Yikes!

--
there is no .sig

In article <3r5we.522$j04.145@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, Doug says...
> That is outrageous, 550+ watts! Yikes!

What did you expect?

--
Conor

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 05:42:23 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:

>That is outrageous, 550+ watts! Yikes!

The Enermax 701 will do just fine. Great PS too. ~ $150

FYI -- the 7800GTX takes ~ 10 watts less power than the 6800Ultra, at
max.

John Lewis

>--
>there is no .sig
>"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:29:48 GMT, "Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I'd figure they must be outrageous, running two 6800 Ultras must take a
>>>lot
>>>of power. Does Nvidia recommend a minimal PSU output rating for SLI
>>>systems?
>>>

>> http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_build.html
>>
>> Go to the bottom of the page. Look up the respective specs on the
>> manufacturer's web-site.
>>
>> John Lewis
>>
>>>--
>>>there is no .sig

How about checking your personal power needs and current usage of it?
http://www.parkstadpc.nl/powersupply.php

It's in dutch but you can figure it out...Goodluck. :)

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T85SSI&view=about

> http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/reviews/madshrimps850/

So what? $100-$150 is very little to spend for a flagship PSU when you are
sinking $800 for a pair of 6800 Ultras.

> So what? $100-$150 is very little to spend for a flagship PSU when you are
> sinking $800 for a pair of 6800 Ultras.

It's funny how people spend so much on one particular component of their rig
(Monitor, Vid Card, CPU) but get all whingey and complainey when they have
to spend an extra $50-100 on a PSU or MB to get a decent one.