Weird gamma problems?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2005 11:44:43 PM

Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
sort of posterised effect.

Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup on
WMP doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Steve

More about : weird gamma problems

June 28, 2005 12:35:20 AM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:44:43 GMT, Fronkensteen
<public.stephen@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
>driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
>weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
>RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
>incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
>sort of posterised effect.
>
>Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
>and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup on
>WMP doesn't seem to help.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what's happening?
>
>Steve

Check out video overlay on the nvidia panel of the display properties
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:24:45 AM

Thats a known problem with the latest drivers. Just go and set the video
overlay to "all" instead of desktop.

!