Weird gamma problems?

Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
sort of posterised effect.

Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup on
WMP doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about weird gamma problems

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:44:43 GMT, Fronkensteen
    <public.stephen@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

    >Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
    >driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
    >weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
    >RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
    >incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
    >sort of posterised effect.
    >
    >Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
    >and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup on
    >WMP doesn't seem to help.
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea what's happening?
    >
    >Steve

    Check out video overlay on the nvidia panel of the display properties

    Thats a known problem with the latest drivers. Just go and set the video
    overlay to "all" instead of desktop.

    "Mikey" <Hill.B@shadowrealm.net> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:44:43 GMT, Fronkensteen
    > <public.stephen@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Since I installed Doom3 (together with an update to the latest Nvidia
    >>driver) and racked the brightness level up as far as it would go, I have a
    >>weird problem with Windows Media Player and - intermittently - with
    >>RealPlayer. On video playback the picture is really, really washed out,
    >>incredibly bright, also with some clipping of the colour channels giving a
    >>sort of posterised effect.
    >>
    >>Nothing else is affected - ordinary windows are fine (viz. Word, Firefox)
    >>and so are graphic files - .jpg, .bmp and so on. Fiddling with the setup
    >>on
    >>WMP doesn't seem to help.
    >>
    >>Does anyone have any idea what's happening?
    >>
    >>Steve
    >>
    > Check out video overlay on the nvidia panel of the display properties

Nvidia Gamma Graphics