Help with WDM drivers on 5600 video capture

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
June 29, 2005 4:17:46 AM

Hi,
I asked how to capture video through my VIVO on my card. I was pointed
to the WDM drivers on the NVIDIA web site. They worked and thanks to
the person that gave me the info.

Now, I have another subject. When I install those drivers, I get 4auto
detect hardware messages. I installed the main capture driver with no
problem. Is there a way to only install the capture part and not the
others? I don't know what crossbar is and I don't have a tuner. If I
choose not to install, every time I reboot, I have to cancel three
additional requests to add hardware.

Does anyone know of a stand alone program that only shows the video
window without the fancy stuff? All I want to do is to monitor a
VCR/DVD recorder and I don't need to capture or get screenshots and
such. I have Pinnacle 9 and Windows Movie Maker but I don't want to
have the big programs just to watch the capture window.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 29, 2005 4:17:47 AM

"optional" <s@b.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I asked how to capture video through my VIVO on my card. I was pointed
> to the WDM drivers on the NVIDIA web site. They worked and thanks to
> the person that gave me the info.
>
> Now, I have another subject. When I install those drivers, I get 4auto
> detect hardware messages. I installed the main capture driver with no
> problem. Is there a way to only install the capture part and not the
> others? I don't know what crossbar is and I don't have a tuner. If I
Microsoft DirectX DirectShow Analog Video Crossbar FilterThe Analog Video
Crossbar filter represents a video crossbar on a video capture device that
supports the Windows Driver Model (WDM).

Video Crossbar options are property pages, from the video capture driver,
that allow a user to control how video and audio signals are routed (Line in
versus TV audio, SVideo versus Composite or TV Tuner etc.). Select an output
from the drop-down list, and see where the signal comes from the Input list.
Change the input by selecting from the list.

goggle it like I did

xman
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 29, 2005 10:45:29 PM

Thanks for the answer. I didn't search aboutt the crossbar because I
was mainly interested in how to install only the WDM. If I install the
whole thing and then choose to not install the crossbar and tuners,
everything works fine but every time I reboot I have to chose not to
install the other items. I just want to get rid of that group of
messages at startup. I can install them then disable them but on a
frest install of Windows, I am trying to get rid of bloat.

Any more help would be nice.

Also, is there a stand alone program (preferrably free) to just have a
window of the video?

Thanks

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:42:42 -0700, "xmradio" <xman_charl@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"optional" <s@b.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I asked how to capture video through my VIVO on my card. I was pointed
>> to the WDM drivers on the NVIDIA web site. They worked and thanks to
>> the person that gave me the info.
>>
>> Now, I have another subject. When I install those drivers, I get 4auto
>> detect hardware messages. I installed the main capture driver with no
>> problem. Is there a way to only install the capture part and not the
>> others? I don't know what crossbar is and I don't have a tuner. If I
> Microsoft DirectX DirectShow Analog Video Crossbar FilterThe Analog Video
>Crossbar filter represents a video crossbar on a video capture device that
>supports the Windows Driver Model (WDM).
>
> Video Crossbar options are property pages, from the video capture driver,
>that allow a user to control how video and audio signals are routed (Line in
>versus TV audio, SVideo versus Composite or TV Tuner etc.). Select an output
>from the drop-down list, and see where the signal comes from the Input list.
>Change the input by selecting from the list.
>
>goggle it like I did
>
>xman

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 4, 2005 11:31:02 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:17:46 +0000, optional wrote:

> Hi,
> I asked how to capture video through my VIVO on my card. I was pointed
> to the WDM drivers on the NVIDIA web site. They worked and thanks to
> the person that gave me the info.
>
> Now, I have another subject. When I install those drivers, I get 4auto
> detect hardware messages. I installed the main capture driver with no
> problem. Is there a way to only install the capture part and not the
> others? I don't know what crossbar is and I don't have a tuner. If I
> choose not to install, every time I reboot, I have to cancel three
> additional requests to add hardware.

You really should have installed the WDM package meant for VIVO only
cards since yours is without a tuner. Both packages are shown on
the same web page.

> Does anyone know of a stand alone program that only shows the video
> window without the fancy stuff? All I want to do is to monitor a VCR/DVD
> recorder and I don't need to capture or get screenshots and such. I have
> Pinnacle 9 and Windows Movie Maker but I don't want to have the big
> programs just to watch the capture window.

Try ATV2000. By default it opens with a graphical remote
control, but that can be closed permanently so all that starts up is
the video window. A double-click renders full screen video, and there's
also an option to display the video feed into the desktop
background (wallpaper).

http://mikecrash.wz.cz/atv2000/atv2000.htm

Tony.
!