Dell panel 2005FPW - GeForce4

Hi all, after few hours on the web, I still have a hard time trying to
understand if my GeForce4 440 Go (on my laptop latitude C840) will be
able to manage the Dell panel 2005FPW [1] as external monitor. It
seems that the native resolution (1680x1050) is not supported (my card
is not listed in [2]), but I seen many contradictory information on
the web (e.g. [3] & [4]).

Maybe a driver from laptopvideo2go.com or any fine scale tuning will
allow m e to use this kick-ass display. Any idea or experience...

Thanks,

~pimu

[1] http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=320-4111

[2] http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&~id=monitors&~line=desktops&~mode=popup&~series=optix&~tab=other

[3] http://forum.hardware.fr/hardwarefr/HardwarePeripheriques/Topic-Officiel-DELL-UltraSharp-2005FPW-format-sujet-10687-1.htm

[4] http://forums.mikhailtech.com/showthread.php?t=4842

Hi.. Don't know about your vid card but my boss just got one and his gf4mx
won't do that res..

smeggedd wrote:

> Hi.. Don't know about your vid card but my boss just got one and his
> gf4mx won't do that res..

What driver version is he running? I had my 2005FPW running with even an old
TNT2 (VGA) and an GF2MX (VGA and DVI) without problems....

The problem is that the Nvidia driver doesn't list the 1680x1050 resolution
but it's still available. Usually the gfx card should detect the 2005FPWs
resolution over DDC channel, but if that fails it's required to install the
inf file for the 2005FPW. And be sure to have the display switched on
_before_ booting the computer!

Benjamin

FYI: GeForce4 440 GO with driver 71.89 (inf file from
videolaptop2go.com) on my Dell C840 laptop (VGA output only). It seems
like we can add manually some user-defined resolution. I hope this
helps for futher insights.

Thanks,

Pierre