Wireless 'bridge' between two physical parts of an etherne..

Hi all, can anyone answer this for me?

I have a home network using traditional ethernet hubs (one upstairs, one downstairs). I have a long ethernet cable linking the two together. I'd like to replace this cable with a wireless link.

Several suppliers (with networking knowledge as dubious as mine!) have said I just need to put a WiFi Access Point on each hub and 'hey presto' it will all work. Call me sceptical, but I just can't see it being THAT easy! Am I right?

Many thanks in advance!

rico

In article <3E936B60-7065-407B-9E9A-C372823439C8@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlQlI=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Hi all, can anyone answer this for me?
>
>I have a home network using traditional ethernet hubs (one upstairs, one
> downstairs). I have a long ethernet cable linking the two together. I'd like
> to replace this cable with a wireless link.
>
>Several suppliers (with networking knowledge as dubious as mine!) have said I
> just need to put a WiFi Access Point on each hub and 'hey presto' it will all
> work. Call me sceptical, but I just can't see it being THAT easy! Am I right?
>
>Many thanks in advance!

Of course your network will likely be a LOT slower, but yeah, that is
basically it.