Audio not working

alidoom

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hello,
I have a windows 7 64 bit computer. Basically the sound does not work correctly. when i go to Device Manager, it says that the Realtek high definition and Ati high definition audio are working. but when i go to system speakers, it says no device is installed

NOTE:i do not use the Big screen monitor that comes with the computer. i use the green audio cable.

alidoom

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

should i have put more info....

if this helps

Model #: p6267c
Product #: NY591AAR-ABA
Serial #: MX89480KSK
Software Build #: 94NAv6PrA3
Service ID #: 111-209
PCBRAND: Pavilion

The explanation for this is that you are using the wrong driver. A Realtek driver sure but one for a different audio chip to the one on your motherboard. Where did you get the driver from? If it is from the motherboard CD check to see if there are any other audio drivers on it.

alidoom

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

well, the drivers were already installed on to the computer once i got it. But, after going through windows update, it just skewed everything up. and can you please explain in more child-friendly terms.

alidoom

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

possibly a little mooore simplified... im really sorry for bugging you so much its just that i cant understand your writing so much. TY so much for all your help....