Is this a good replacement?

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

I currently have an XFX GeForce 5950 256MB card. It's acting up again, this
would be my third RMA. Would this card "GeForce 6600 GT OC Video Card, 8x
AGP, 128MB GDDR3" be a good replacement upgrade?

Thanks

Gus wrote:

" I currently have an XFX GeForce 5950 256MB card. It's acting up
again, this would be my third RMA. "

A 6600GT OC 128MB is a reasonable step up from a 5950 Ultra 256MB in
speed, and also includes many more shader technologies. However, if
you've had to RMA three cards then it suggests you might have a problem
elsewhere in your system, most likely the PSU or motherboard.

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
> Gus wrote:
>
> " I currently have an XFX GeForce 5950 256MB card. It's acting up
> again, this would be my third RMA. "
>

> A 6600GT OC 128MB is a reasonable step up from a 5950 Ultra 256MB in
> speed, and also includes many more shader technologies. However, if
> you've had to RMA three cards then it suggests you might have a problem
> elsewhere in your system, most likely the PSU or motherboard.

Actually it's only one card, just three times. Everything else has been
changed, i.e memory, chip, PSU, motherboard, etc.

XFX just won't give me another one, they keep fixing and returning the same
card, and they currently don't have an upgrade program.

Thanks