which 6600?

hi

i live in india where prices for AGP cards are outrageous. i have an
AMD athlon64 3000+(socket 754) with 512 MB ddr333. i want to buy either
a 6600 or 6600 GT.

so here's the first question:

1) which is a better option between the 128 MB and 256 MB 6600 cards?
which is the best brand that can be had around 150 $?

2) which is the reasonably better priced and decent performing 6600 GT
out there? budget for GT is aroung 160 $ :(

i read somewhere that some 6600( GT & non GT) cards dont work that well
on an SIS mobo. i have an Asustek Salmon( K8 SLA) mobo... will they
work on this?

and finally, if there's anyone in dubai, could you tell me what is the
price of these cards there?

thanks a lot guys

Neither, get the stock 6800 and unlock the other 4 pipelines.
<archithcr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> i live in india where prices for AGP cards are outrageous. i have an
> AMD athlon64 3000+(socket 754) with 512 MB ddr333. i want to buy either
> a 6600 or 6600 GT.
>
> so here's the first question:
>
> 1) which is a better option between the 128 MB and 256 MB 6600 cards?
> which is the best brand that can be had around 150 $?
>
> 2) which is the reasonably better priced and decent performing 6600 GT
> out there? budget for GT is aroung 160 $ :(
>
> i read somewhere that some 6600( GT & non GT) cards dont work that well
> on an SIS mobo. i have an Asustek Salmon( K8 SLA) mobo... will they
> work on this?
>
> and finally, if there's anyone in dubai, could you tell me what is the
> price of these cards there?
>
> thanks a lot guys

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

he said his budget was 160 and only wnats a 6600 so why tell him to get a
6800? not sure the prices in india though go here

www.pricewatch.com