Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ati 9700tx card 128mb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 4, 2005 4:23:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I have an ATI Radeon 9700TX agp card which i want to upgrade to a nvidia
card
Not looking for latest or very expensive nvidia card ,just one that i can
see a good boost in games performance in my dell 4550 system,any
recommendations welcome,mainly for half life 2 ,halo and that new
battlefield game everyone is raving about


ferg


remove nospam to reply


--

More about : ati 9700tx card 128mb

July 4, 2005 7:54:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

ferg wrote:
> I have an ATI Radeon 9700TX agp card which i want to upgrade to a nvidia
> card
> Not looking for latest or very expensive nvidia card ,just one that i can
> see a good boost in games performance in my dell 4550 system,any
> recommendations welcome,mainly for half life 2 ,halo and that new
> battlefield game everyone is raving about
>

nVidia 6800GT or the slightly cheaper (and better in some aspects) ATI
Radeon X800XL.
GT = 350$
XL = 299$
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 4:54:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Glitch" <glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D abf0o$ndg$2@bagan.srce.hr...
> ferg wrote:
>> I have an ATI Radeon 9700TX agp card which i want to upgrade to a nvidia
>> card
>> Not looking for latest or very expensive nvidia card ,just one that i
>> can see a good boost in games performance in my dell 4550 system,any
>> recommendations welcome,mainly for half life 2 ,halo and that new
>> battlefield game everyone is raving about
>>
>
> nVidia 6800GT or the slightly cheaper (and better in some aspects) ATI
> Radeon X800XL.
> GT = 350$
> XL = 299$

I'm not sure but from what I've heard the 6600GT is currently reigning the
price/ performance slot.
It's apparently a very good card, with great performance at a nice price.
Obviously it's not as powerful as an X800 or 6800...but you mention you
aren't looking for the latest or a very expensive card.
July 5, 2005 4:54:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Dragoncarer wrote:
> I'm not sure but from what I've heard the 6600GT is currently reigning the
> price/ performance slot.

Yes but 6600GT would hardly be an upgrade from a 9700Pro/TX ,and he
would get almost identical performance from both cards.The only
difference is in the 1280x1024 and up range of resolutions,but even then
the 6600GT is only mildly better.
!