Ati 9700tx card 128mb

I have an ATI Radeon 9700TX agp card which i want to upgrade to a nvidia
card
Not looking for latest or very expensive nvidia card ,just one that i can
see a good boost in games performance in my dell 4550 system,any
recommendations welcome,mainly for half life 2 ,halo and that new
battlefield game everyone is raving about

ferg

remove nospam to reply

More about 9700tx card 128mb

    ferg wrote:
    > I have an ATI Radeon 9700TX agp card which i want to upgrade to a nvidia
    > card
    > Not looking for latest or very expensive nvidia card ,just one that i can
    > see a good boost in games performance in my dell 4550 system,any
    > recommendations welcome,mainly for half life 2 ,halo and that new
    > battlefield game everyone is raving about

    nVidia 6800GT or the slightly cheaper (and better in some aspects) ATI
    Radeon X800XL.
    GT = 350$
    XL = 299$

    "Glitch" <glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > ferg wrote:
    >> I have an ATI Radeon 9700TX agp card which i want to upgrade to a nvidia
    >> card
    >> Not looking for latest or very expensive nvidia card ,just one that i
    >> can see a good boost in games performance in my dell 4550 system,any
    >> recommendations welcome,mainly for half life 2 ,halo and that new
    >> battlefield game everyone is raving about
    >>

    > nVidia 6800GT or the slightly cheaper (and better in some aspects) ATI
    > Radeon X800XL.
    > GT = 350$
    > XL = 299$

    I'm not sure but from what I've heard the 6600GT is currently reigning the
    price/ performance slot.
    It's apparently a very good card, with great performance at a nice price.
    Obviously it's not as powerful as an X800 or 6800...but you mention you
    aren't looking for the latest or a very expensive card.

    Dragoncarer wrote:
    > I'm not sure but from what I've heard the 6600GT is currently reigning the
    > price/ performance slot.

    Yes but 6600GT would hardly be an upgrade from a 9700Pro/TX ,and he
    would get almost identical performance from both cards.The only
    difference is in the 1280x1024 and up range of resolutions,but even then
    the 6600GT is only mildly better.

Nvidia ATI Graphics