BFG GeForce 660 GT OC PCIe - Crashes when attempting a game!

When I try to play the games on the demo disk included with the card
the game will come up but when play starts the screen goes blank, the
sound gets stuck, and then everything stops. When I reset the computer
the screen has funky characters and such and I have to turn the
computer off completely and then back on for it to work properly.
Please Help.

My Computer:
Shuttle XPC SB81P (w/ latest BIOS)
Pentium 3.2 GHz socket 775 HT
2 Gigs Corsair RAM
GeForce 6600 GTOC PCIe (w/ latest Driver)
Windows XP Pro
Dell 2001FP Monitor set to 1280 x 1024

Well I used www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply and it recommended 300W
and mine PSU is 350W. How would I measure/check AMPs?

On 4 Jul 2005 07:17:15 -0700, thartle@gmail.com wrote:

> When I try to play the games on the demo disk included with the card
>the game will come up but when play starts the screen goes blank, the
>sound gets stuck, and then everything stops. When I reset the computer
>the screen has funky characters and such and I have to turn the
>computer off completely and then back on for it to work properly.
>Please Help.
>
>My Computer:
>Shuttle XPC SB81P (w/ latest BIOS)
>Pentium 3.2 GHz socket 775 HT
>2 Gigs Corsair RAM
>GeForce 6600 GTOC PCIe (w/ latest Driver)
>Windows XP Pro
>Dell 2001FP Monitor set to 1280 x 1024

Power supply must be capable of at least 18amps from +12V,
the 3.2 Ghz Prescott can take up to 10 amps peak.... not much
left for the OC video card, hard-disk, cd/dvd-rom etc....

John Lewis

On 4 Jul 2005 16:26:55 -0700, thartle@gmail.com wrote:

>Well I used www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply and it recommended 300W
>and mine PSU is 350W. How would I measure/check AMPs?

You can't, since the +12V is not delivered via a single cable.

Look at the label on the power supply and read the +12V maximum
amperage. Should be > 17 amps. Total wattage is misleading.

If the system works perfectly in Windows and Office applications,
the simple Windows games such as Solitaire and Minesweeper and
in say DVD playback, but crashes in action games or high-performance
demos, it is pretty certainly a shortage of +12V current.

No label or no info from Shuttle as to the rated amps for each
voltage from the power-supply ---- reject system or power-supply.

John Lewis