XP drivers for TNT2 Model 64

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
July 5, 2005 6:05:10 PM

I've just rebuilt a friend's PC and am having trouble finding the
correct drivers for the Riva TNT2 Model 64 graphics card - the HDD
failed on the PC so I can't find out what was installed before, and he
doesn't have a driver CD.

I grabbed the latest of the ForceWare drivers (77.72) but when I tried
to install them got an error that the installer couldn't find the
correct drivers for the card.

Searching the nVidia site I found that the TNT2 is not supported by the
Release 75 drivers, but is by Release 70. Downloaded 71.89 and 71.84
from the XP/2000 Driver Archive but got the same problem dspite the card
being listed on the supported products page for 71.84 -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/71.84_geforcetnt2quadro_su...

Where can I find the correct drivers for this card?

TIA

Parish

More about : drivers tnt2 model

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 5, 2005 8:09:22 PM

If I were you, I would start by trying to use one of the OLDEST drivers that
you can find on the Nvidia site. It would have the best chance of being
stable with that old card.

--
DaveW

"Parish" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I've just rebuilt a friend's PC and am having trouble finding the correct
> drivers for the Riva TNT2 Model 64 graphics card - the HDD failed on the
> PC so I can't find out what was installed before, and he doesn't have a
> driver CD.
>
> I grabbed the latest of the ForceWare drivers (77.72) but when I tried to
> install them got an error that the installer couldn't find the correct
> drivers for the card.
>
> Searching the nVidia site I found that the TNT2 is not supported by the
> Release 75 drivers, but is by Release 70. Downloaded 71.89 and 71.84 from
> the XP/2000 Driver Archive but got the same problem dspite the card being
> listed on the supported products page for 71.84 -
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/71.84_geforcetnt2quadro_su...
>
> Where can I find the correct drivers for this card?
>
> TIA
>
> Parish
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 5, 2005 10:22:21 PM

Parish got up from the bar and shouted: :
> I've just rebuilt a friend's PC and am having trouble finding the
> correct drivers for the Riva TNT2 Model 64 graphics card - the HDD
> failed on the PC so I can't find out what was installed before, and he
> doesn't have a driver CD.
>
> I grabbed the latest of the ForceWare drivers (77.72) but when I tried
> to install them got an error that the installer couldn't find the
> correct drivers for the card.
>
> Searching the nVidia site I found that the TNT2 is not supported by the
> Release 75 drivers, but is by Release 70. Downloaded 71.89 and 71.84
> from the XP/2000 Driver Archive but got the same problem dspite the card
> being listed on the supported products page for 71.84 -
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/71.84_geforcetnt2quadro_su...
>
> Where can I find the correct drivers for this card?
>
> TIA
>
> Parish

Had the same problem, I found a old link to some 66 series drivers...
Perhaps NVidia should take more care with their website, and selecting
TNT and later cards and XP OS, takes you to the 75 series drivers...
Idiots.
a b \ Driver
July 5, 2005 10:45:53 PM

On 05/07/2005 18:22 Black Shuck wrote:

> Parish got up from the bar and shouted: :
>> I've just rebuilt a friend's PC and am having trouble finding the
>> correct drivers for the Riva TNT2 Model 64 graphics card - the HDD
>> failed on the PC so I can't find out what was installed before, and he
>> doesn't have a driver CD.
>>
>> I grabbed the latest of the ForceWare drivers (77.72) but when I tried
>> to install them got an error that the installer couldn't find the
>> correct drivers for the card.
>>
>> Searching the nVidia site I found that the TNT2 is not supported by the
>> Release 75 drivers, but is by Release 70. Downloaded 71.89 and 71.84
>> from the XP/2000 Driver Archive but got the same problem dspite the card
>> being listed on the supported products page for 71.84 -
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/71.84_geforcetnt2quadro_su...
>>
>> Where can I find the correct drivers for this card?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Parish
>

> Had the same problem, I found a old link to some 66 series drivers...

Thanks. 66.93 - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93.html - would
these be the ones? The PC's gone back now so I'll have to put them on a
CD for him as he doesn't have a 'net connection ATM.

> Perhaps NVidia should take more care with their website, and selecting
> TNT and later cards and XP OS, takes you to the 75 series drivers...
> Idiots.

Yes, that's how I ended up with Release 75 to start with, plus the fact
the TNT2 is listed for 71,84 as per my original post makes it doubly
bad, especially for people who aren't familiar with nVidia cards, like
me - I use ATI (for hysterical raisins, I'm not trying to start a
flamewar ;-) )

Thanks again.

Parish
July 7, 2005 9:23:14 PM

> "Parish" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I've just rebuilt a friend's PC and am having trouble finding the correct
>> drivers for the Riva TNT2 Model 64 graphics card - the HDD failed on the
>> PC so I can't find out what was installed before, and he doesn't have a
>> driver CD.
>>
>> I grabbed the latest of the ForceWare drivers (77.72) but when I tried to
>> install them got an error that the installer couldn't find the correct
>> drivers for the card.

Search the internet for NVidia Detonator drivers. Sites like Guru3d etc
should come up and the usually have the odler drivers available.

Regards,

Andy
!