any opinions on this card?

256Mb GeForce 6600GT PowerPack! Ultra/1980 "Golden Sample" - 2.0ns DDR3,
DVI, TV

i have only found this in one online shop in the u.k. so far for 153.96
pounds.

im about to update after my gf4 4600ti died on me and this seemed like a
good compromise between the 6800 and a standard 6600gt.

have any of you heard of any problems with this card i should be aware of?

dr del

There is no 6600GT Ultra
It's either 6600 or 6600GT

I've got 6800LE and used Nvidia tunner to enable the closed Pipelines and
Shaders. It's now identical to 6800
This card cost the same as the 6600GT.
6600 has 128 bit memory while 6800 has 128 bit. Though, the 6600GT has
faster memory and can be OC easier.

"satanswombat" <da011c0688DIE@SPAMblueyonderDIE.co.uk> wrote in message
> 256Mb GeForce 6600GT PowerPack! Ultra/1980 "Golden Sample" - 2.0ns DDR3,
> DVI, TV
>
> i have only found this in one online shop in the u.k. so far for 153.96
> pounds.
>
> im about to update after my gf4 4600ti died on me and this seemed like a
> good compromise between the 6800 and a standard 6600gt.
>
> have any of you heard of any problems with this card i should be aware of?
>

> dr del

hey tal fuchs,

yup - i should have bin clearer, i know there is no 6600gt ultra - thats
just the name gainward use for their card series (link to details below)

http://www.gainward.de/new/products/agp/ultra_1000/comparison.html

I'm not really comfortable with modding brand new kit to unlock pipelines
etc [i have the kind of luck known as "bad" when it comes to these kinds of
things] and cant afford a vanilla 6800 (my budgets as tight as my pants ;-)
I'm not likely to overclock any of the settings either ( i'm aiming for a
long life and i have problems with heat in my comp as it is sadly).

i also seem to be developing a bracket addiction - appologies if this made
the post hard to read.

dr del

Tal Fuchs left a note on my windscreen which said:

> There is no 6600GT Ultra
> It's either 6600 or 6600GT
>
> I've got 6800LE and used Nvidia tunner to enable the closed Pipelines and
> Shaders. It's now identical to 6800
> This card cost the same as the 6600GT.
> 6600 has 128 bit memory while 6800 has 128 bit. Though, the 6600GT has
> faster memory and can be OC easier.

Gainward marketing name many of their cards 'Gainward XXXX Ultra'. I
belive the 'ultra' means the cards are overclocked by gainward - you are
correct that there is no 6600GT Ultra chipset.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

There are reviews that show that the 6800LE is better then the 6600GT, even
without any modding:
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gffx/nv43-p13.html#p19

Openning the closed Pipes and Shaders is not overclocking, though it is
modding.
It won't get the card to work harder and won't over heat it. In the worse
case it won't work Nothing to loose trying :)

In any case, good luck with any you choose. You sure won't get wrong with
the 6600GT ;)