nvidia active armor slows down my connection

Hi

I Know this is a bit off-topic but there isn't an nvidia chipset forum!

Anyway I've just bought a new mobo with an nforce ultra chipset and I've
been using the hardware accelerated firewall.

The hardware acceleration dramatically slows down my connection! 294
kbits/sec with it switched on and 382 kbits/sec with it off. It buggers
up the ip settings: the RWIN is stupidly high, and SACKS is switched
off.

Has anybody else used this nvidia decelerator?

Malc
2 answers Last reply
More about nvidia active armor slows connection

    Yeah, got an Nforce4 Ultra with in built firewire, and it totally messed up
    my network at home, etc. So I brought Zone Alarm. I have had no problems
    since, and will not be returning to the hardware firewall.
    "Malc" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I Know this is a bit off-topic but there isn't an nvidia chipset forum!
    >
    > Anyway I've just bought a new mobo with an nforce ultra chipset and I've
    > been using the hardware accelerated firewall.
    >
    > The hardware acceleration dramatically slows down my connection! 294
    > kbits/sec with it switched on and 382 kbits/sec with it off. It buggers
    > up the ip settings: the RWIN is stupidly high, and SACKS is switched
    > off.
    >
    > Has anybody else used this nvidia decelerator?
    >
    > Malc

    Check out the discussions on http://forums.nvidia.com/ --- it is very hard
    to get the hardware firewall to work reliably (if at all).

    "Malc" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I Know this is a bit off-topic but there isn't an nvidia chipset forum!
    >
    > Anyway I've just bought a new mobo with an nforce ultra chipset and I've
    > been using the hardware accelerated firewall.
    >
    > The hardware acceleration dramatically slows down my connection! 294
    > kbits/sec with it switched on and 382 kbits/sec with it off. It buggers
    > up the ip settings: the RWIN is stupidly high, and SACKS is switched
    > off.
    >
    > Has anybody else used this nvidia decelerator?
    >
    > Malc

Nvidia Hardware Chipsets Connection Graphics