nvidia active armor slows down my connection

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 7, 2005 11:12:58 PM

Hi

I Know this is a bit off-topic but there isn't an nvidia chipset forum!

Anyway I've just bought a new mobo with an nforce ultra chipset and I've
been using the hardware accelerated firewall.

The hardware acceleration dramatically slows down my connection! 294
kbits/sec with it switched on and 382 kbits/sec with it off. It buggers
up the ip settings: the RWIN is stupidly high, and SACKS is switched
off.

Has anybody else used this nvidia decelerator?

Malc
July 7, 2005 11:56:26 PM

Yeah, got an Nforce4 Ultra with in built firewire, and it totally messed up
my network at home, etc. So I brought Zone Alarm. I have had no problems
since, and will not be returning to the hardware firewall.
"Malc" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I Know this is a bit off-topic but there isn't an nvidia chipset forum!
>
> Anyway I've just bought a new mobo with an nforce ultra chipset and I've
> been using the hardware accelerated firewall.
>
> The hardware acceleration dramatically slows down my connection! 294
> kbits/sec with it switched on and 382 kbits/sec with it off. It buggers
> up the ip settings: the RWIN is stupidly high, and SACKS is switched
> off.
>
> Has anybody else used this nvidia decelerator?
>
> Malc

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:32:37 AM

Check out the discussions on http://forums.nvidia.com/ --- it is very hard
to get the hardware firewall to work reliably (if at all).

!