Does Car Spawning screw your save games?

Last response: in Video Games
August 30, 2005 1:01:40 PM

Just to be sure?

I want to spawn the Phoenix, Hotknife and Hunter.

Too lazy to go for gold!

T.
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 1:22:03 PM

If it's with a cheat code, then you will get the warning every time you
save your game. This is partly to warn you that you might experience
glitches, such as all cars being white forever, and partly to tell
anyone using the game save that it was achieved using cheat codes.

In my experience, the only car spawning that crashes the game is with
the garage edit mod for the PC version. This sometimes crashes the game
when you go to the garage after spawning a car in it.

If you just want to have a go in the cars, spawn them and don't save.
If you want to put one in a garage, why bother? You'll just have to
spawn a replacement when you roll it, so why not spawn one when you
need one?

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 9:47:23 PM

I used the PC Car Spawner and it doesn't glitch anything so far (I am
at the "Grove 4 Life" mission now). I saved after spawning but haven't
saved any spawned cars in my garage. Never tried cheat code spawning or
the garage mod though.
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 11:30:08 PM

The TSR resident spawner is cool. Just input the number and *poof* -
the car you want appears.

I really like the Phoenix, great looking car, handles great, top
strength.

I'm guessing the way it works will not screw up savegames as it does
not mess with hex codes or anything like that.

T.
!