Help needed please!! Regarding games for a del x3

April 16, 2004 10:08:02 PM

I have downloaded som small games for a pocket pc.
But I can't figure out to install them. When I unpack them
they're all *.prc files. But when I copy the onto the pocket pc,
it says it doesn't know the filetype. What am I doing wrong?

Any help will be very much appriciated.

Erik, Denmark

P.S. It is a Dell Axim X3 if that has any importance.

More about : needed games del

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 10:08:03 PM

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:08:02 GMT, Erik <emp2424@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded som small games for a pocket pc.
> But I can't figure out to install them. When I unpack them
> they're all *.prc files. But when I copy the onto the pocket pc,
> it says it doesn't know the filetype. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Any help will be very much appriciated.
>
> Erik, Denmark
>
> P.S. It is a Dell Axim X3 if that has any importance.

I believe you've gotten ahold of some PALM games.

Try http://www.pocketgamer.org/ for Pocket PC Game links.

Hope this helps,
Brad

--
Brad Isaac
editor-in-chief, www.pocketpcaddict.com

"Erik" <emp2424@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have downloaded som small games for a pocket pc.
> But I can't figure out to install them. When I unpack them
> they're all *.prc files. But when I copy the onto the pocket pc,
> it says it doesn't know the filetype. What am I doing wrong?

PRC files are for Palm OS machines. You need to select
games for the Pocket PC/Windows Mobile OS.

HTH,

Flib
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 12:01:39 AM

"Erik" <emp2424@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have downloaded som small games for a pocket pc.
> But I can't figure out to install them. When I unpack them
> they're all *.prc files. But when I copy the onto the pocket pc,
> it says it doesn't know the filetype. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Any help will be very much appriciated.
>
> Erik, Denmark
>
> P.S. It is a Dell Axim X3 if that has any importance.

Wrong type of programs for your machine. You don't say what kind of games
but you may find something of interest here:
http://www.pocketpccity.com/software/pocketpc/games.htm... - most are
shareware though, not free but you usually get a trial.
!