Riddick ?

I have been having problems with The chronicles of riddick escape from
butcher bay .
I get a buzzing sound (this can happen as the game starts or even ten
minutes in or an hour in )
and the screen locks the only way to get out is to reboot .
I am using the 77.72 win2kxp english whql drivers I have also applied the
latest patch for riddick all other games work fine doom 3 ,half life 2
etc.....
System specs
XP Pro service pack 2
Gigabyte K8v ultra 939 M/board
Amd Athlon 64 3700+
2.00 GB of Ram
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT
any Idea`s anyone

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

You don't say what soundcard. Be sure you run on PixelShader2.0, not 2.0+
in the game also: significant faster.

rms

Andrew

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:22:45 GMT, "Gr@y" <iamnot@thisaddy.com> wrote:

>I get a buzzing sound (this can happen as the game starts or even ten
>minutes in or an hour in )

This is a video card newsgroup, they aren't known for their audio
properties.

In article <V8ADe.12518$yP3.6742@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Gr@y
says...
> I have been having problems with The chronicles of riddick escape from
> butcher bay .
> I get a buzzing sound (this can happen as the game starts or even ten
> minutes in or an hour in )
> and the screen locks the only way to get out is to reboot .
> I am using the 77.72 win2kxp english whql drivers I have also applied the
> latest patch for riddick all other games work fine doom 3 ,half life 2
> etc.....
> System specs
> XP Pro service pack 2
> Gigabyte K8v ultra 939 M/board
> Amd Athlon 64 3700+
> 2.00 GB of Ram
> Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT
> any Idea`s anyone

Read about PCI latency and Audigy soundcards.

--
Conor

Oop`s sorry
System specs