6600GT question please...

I'm looking at upgrading from my Radeon 9600XT 128Mb card to a Nvidia 6600GT
128Mb (either a Leadtek or Sparkle brand)

Would someone be able to give me a rough idea as to HOW much quicker a
6600GT is over a 9600XT.

Just wondering whether it will be worth the $$$ or not!

Cheers in advance.

Mike.

BigJim

well it depends on the processor and ram.
but it should be an improvement over the 9600

"Mr Beeblebrox" <piquet67@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking at upgrading from my Radeon 9600XT 128Mb card to a Nvidia
> 6600GT 128Mb (either a Leadtek or Sparkle brand)
>
> Would someone be able to give me a rough idea as to HOW much quicker a
> 6600GT is over a 9600XT.
>
> Just wondering whether it will be worth the $$$ or not!
>
> Cheers in advance.
>
> Mike.

I am running a XP2200+ (266MHz) & a Gig of DDR333 RAM.

Considering the 128Mb verison of either card.

Thanks for the help BTW.

"BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> well it depends on the processor and ram.
> but it should be an improvement over the 9600
>
> "Mr Beeblebrox" <piquet67@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm looking at upgrading from my Radeon 9600XT 128Mb card to a Nvidia
>> 6600GT 128Mb (either a Leadtek or Sparkle brand)
>>
>> Would someone be able to give me a rough idea as to HOW much quicker a
>> 6600GT is over a 9600XT.
>>
>> Just wondering whether it will be worth the $$$ or not!
>>
>> Cheers in advance.
>>
>> Mike.

NaDa

Mr Beeblebrox wrote:
> I'm looking at upgrading from my Radeon 9600XT 128Mb card to a Nvidia 6600GT
> 128Mb (either a Leadtek or Sparkle brand)
>
> Would someone be able to give me a rough idea as to HOW much quicker a
> 6600GT is over a 9600XT.
>
> Just wondering whether it will be worth the $$$ or not!
>
> Cheers in advance.
>
> Mike.

You can expect twice the speed on the latest games. "Doom 3" flies
three times faster.

Firthy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003

Mr Beeblebrox wrote:
> I'm looking at upgrading from my Radeon 9600XT 128Mb card to a Nvidia 6600GT
> 128Mb (either a Leadtek or Sparkle brand)
>
> Would someone be able to give me a rough idea as to HOW much quicker a
> 6600GT is over a 9600XT.
>
> Just wondering whether it will be worth the $$$ or not!
>
> Cheers in advance.
>
> Mike.

I did that excact upgrade, from a Powercolour 9600XT ultra to a Leadtek
A6600TDH GT - Its a great upgrade especially on newer games like the
above poster said.

TRENDING THREADS