best card under $100

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b 4 Gaming
July 22, 2005 8:28:08 AM

Can I get some suggestions for the best nvidia cards under $100. I do a
moderate amount of gaming, so I'd like the best card capable of running
games better than average.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Gary

More about : card 100

July 22, 2005 8:28:09 AM

You need to specify agp or pci-e. To get better than average performance
from an Nvidia card you'd need to spend a little more. How about $160 for a
6600GT or maybe $120 for a 6600. I've seen some ATI 9800pro getting close
to your price range but those are ATI. In the $100 range, I'd go ATI.

DaveL

"GBeard @sbcglobal.net>" <gbeard12<remove> wrote in message
> Can I get some suggestions for the best nvidia cards under $100. I do a
> moderate amount of gaming, so I'd like the best card capable of running
> games better than average.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Gary

Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 22, 2005 9:33:53 AM

Thanks Dave,
I need an AGP card. I know the price isn't that high, but I'm replacing a
GeForce GTS card...so, I'm really looking for something better than the GTS
and under $100.
My GTS card just went on the blink and I need to replace it asap. So, I'll
probably just rely on the groups opinion for this minor upgrade.

Any other suggestions?
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
July 22, 2005 9:33:41 PM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:28:08 GMT, "GBeard"
<gbeard12<remove>@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Can I get some suggestions for the best nvidia cards under $100. I do a
>moderate amount of gaming, so I'd like the best card capable of running
>games better than average.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions,
>Gary

About the best you'll do is either an ATI 9600XT, or the
Nvidia 6200. Newegg has both these cards under $100.00. Make sure the
6200 is the 128bit interface version though. Newegg has a PNY 6200 AGP
that is around $73.00, and the reviews say it can be unlocked into a
6600 non-GT.
!