best card under $100

Can I get some suggestions for the best nvidia cards under $100. I do a
moderate amount of gaming, so I'd like the best card capable of running
games better than average.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Gary
3 answers Last reply
More about best card

    You need to specify agp or pci-e. To get better than average performance
    from an Nvidia card you'd need to spend a little more. How about $160 for a
    6600GT or maybe $120 for a 6600. I've seen some ATI 9800pro getting close
    to your price range but those are ATI. In the $100 range, I'd go ATI.

    DaveL

    "GBeard @sbcglobal.net>" <gbeard12<remove> wrote in message
    > Can I get some suggestions for the best nvidia cards under $100. I do a
    > moderate amount of gaming, so I'd like the best card capable of running
    > games better than average.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions,
    > Gary

    Thanks Dave,
    I need an AGP card. I know the price isn't that high, but I'm replacing a
    GeForce GTS card...so, I'm really looking for something better than the GTS
    and under $100.
    My GTS card just went on the blink and I need to replace it asap. So, I'll
    probably just rely on the groups opinion for this minor upgrade.

    Any other suggestions?

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:28:08 GMT, "GBeard"
    <gbeard12<remove>@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Can I get some suggestions for the best nvidia cards under $100. I do a
    >moderate amount of gaming, so I'd like the best card capable of running
    >games better than average.
    >
    >Thanks for any suggestions,
    >Gary

    About the best you'll do is either an ATI 9600XT, or the
    Nvidia 6200. Newegg has both these cards under $100.00. Make sure the
    6200 is the 128bit interface version though. Newegg has a PNY 6200 AGP
    that is around $73.00, and the reviews say it can be unlocked into a
    6600 non-GT.

Nvidia Gaming Games Graphics Product