XFX 6600 AGP - Green Artifacts

I just upgraded to:
XFX 6600 256 MB - AGP from the XFX 5200 AGP

at the same time, I’ve upgraded my monitor to the Dell 20" LCD
Widescreen.

I started with the latest driver (77.72) and all works fine, Windows,
World of Warcraft, DVD playback etc.

But when I went to open up some AVIs of TV shows I downloaded, I can
hear the show, and see it for a second but then the video box goes
green and flickers green with traces of the show behind it. I can
pause it and its in full color, but when I play it - green.

I tried drivers version 71.89 and 71.84 - same thing

Thing is, I have a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 for a second monitor and the
video plays back on it just fine.

I’m using Winamp for playback, but this occurred with Windows Media
Player as well.

Any ideas? I’d really expect, after the $ I dished out, that I could
do everything without a hassle on the 20" LCD and the new video card.

thanks

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-XFX-6600-AGP-Green-Artifacts-ftopict59342.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300484

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

What version of Windows Media player?

DaveL

"flash13ny" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded to:
> XFX 6600 256 MB - AGP from the XFX 5200 AGP
>
> at the same time, I’ve upgraded my monitor to the Dell 20" LCD
> Widescreen.
>
> I started with the latest driver (77.72) and all works fine, Windows,
> World of Warcraft, DVD playback etc.
>
> But when I went to open up some AVIs of TV shows I downloaded, I can
> hear the show, and see it for a second but then the video box goes
> green and flickers green with traces of the show behind it. I can
> pause it and its in full color, but when I play it - green.
>
> I tried drivers version 71.89 and 71.84 - same thing
>
> Thing is, I have a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 for a second monitor and the
> video plays back on it just fine.
>
> I’m using Winamp for playback, but this occurred with Windows Media
> Player as well.
>
> Any ideas? I’d really expect, after the $ I dished out, that I could
> do everything without a hassle on the 20" LCD and the new video card.
>
> thanks

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-XFX-6600-AGP-Green-Artifacts-ftopict59342.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300484

"flash13ny" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded to:
> XFX 6600 256 MB - AGP from the XFX 5200 AGP
>
> at the same time, I've upgraded my monitor to the Dell 20" LCD
> Widescreen.
>
> I started with the latest driver (77.72) and all works fine, Windows,
> World of Warcraft, DVD playback etc.
>
> But when I went to open up some AVIs of TV shows I downloaded, I can
> hear the show, and see it for a second but then the video box goes
> green and flickers green with traces of the show behind it. I can
> pause it and its in full color, but when I play it - green.
>
> I tried drivers version 71.89 and 71.84 - same thing
>
> Thing is, I have a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 for a second monitor and the
> video plays back on it just fine.
>
> I'm using Winamp for playback, but this occurred with Windows Media
> Player as well.
>
> Any ideas? I'd really expect, after the $ I dished out, that I could
> do everything without a hassle on the 20" LCD and the new video card.
>
> thanks

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-XFX-6600-AGP-Green-Artifacts-ftopict59342.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300484

It is nothing to do with your video card drivers, you are having problems
because you do not have the correct codec installed.

The two most common codecs - DivX and Xvid are freely available on the
internet. A quick search using your preffered search engine should help you
to locate them.

TRENDING THREADS