Cleaning Laptop Screen

What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite (smooth
and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on my laptop
screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.

Thanks!
Scott
4 answers Last reply
More about cleaning laptop screen

    I use one of several spray cans of commercial screen cleaner (acquired by
    cartons at bankruptcy auctions). No smear. All fingermarks gone. Try a real
    computer store (as real as they get any more) like Fry's or CompUSA.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:48:40 -0500, Scott <golden@uslink.net> wrote:

    >What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite (smooth
    >and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on my laptop
    >screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >Scott

    I got packets of screen wipes at Cyberguys.com. They are handy for travel.
    Just take one wet and one dry.

    --
    C and A Bredt
    >I use one of several spray cans of commercial screen cleaner (acquired by
    > cartons at bankruptcy auctions). No smear. All fingermarks gone. Try a
    > real
    > computer store (as real as they get any more) like Fry's or CompUSA.
    >
    > ... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:48:40 -0500, Scott <golden@uslink.net> wrote:
    >
    >>What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite
    >>(smooth
    >>and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on
    >>my laptop
    >>screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>Scott

    Use a microfiber cloth and lens cleaner. You can pick both up in the
    Wal-Mart optical section for under $5. The trick is to use the lens cleaner
    sparingly and wipe lightly. To get rid of any smears after cleaning, lightly
    rub the screen with a dry microfiber cloth.

    "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message

    > What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite
    > (smooth
    > and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on
    > my laptop
    > screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.

    danyexp,

    Any concerns about cleaning an ultrabite laptop screen? The ultrabrite
    screen is a kind of glossy plastic...not the usual dull finish.

    Scott

    danyexp wrote:

    > Use a microfiber cloth and lens cleaner. You can pick both up in the
    > Wal-Mart optical section for under $5. The trick is to use the lens cleaner
    > sparingly and wipe lightly. To get rid of any smears after cleaning, lightly
    > rub the screen with a dry microfiber cloth.
    >
    > "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite
    > > (smooth
    > > and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on
    > > my laptop
    > > screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.

Gateway Scott Laptop Screen Computers