Cleaning Laptop Screen

Scott

What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite (smooth
and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on my laptop
screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.

Thanks!
Scott

I use one of several spray cans of commercial screen cleaner (acquired by
cartons at bankruptcy auctions). No smear. All fingermarks gone. Try a real
computer store (as real as they get any more) like Fry's or CompUSA.

.... Ben Myers

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:48:40 -0500, Scott <golden@uslink.net> wrote:

>What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite (smooth
>and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on my laptop
>screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.
>
>Thanks!
>Scott

I got packets of screen wipes at Cyberguys.com. They are handy for travel.
Just take one wet and one dry.

--
C and A Bredt
>I use one of several spray cans of commercial screen cleaner (acquired by
> cartons at bankruptcy auctions). No smear. All fingermarks gone. Try a
> real
> computer store (as real as they get any more) like Fry's or CompUSA.
>
> ... Ben Myers
>
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:48:40 -0500, Scott <golden@uslink.net> wrote:
>
>>What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite
>>(smooth
>>and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on
>>my laptop
>>screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>Scott

Use a microfiber cloth and lens cleaner. You can pick both up in the
Wal-Mart optical section for under $5. The trick is to use the lens cleaner
sparingly and wipe lightly. To get rid of any smears after cleaning, lightly
rub the screen with a dry microfiber cloth.

"Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message

> What's the best way to clean a laptop screen with the new Ultrabrite
> (smooth
> and shiny) screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on
> my laptop
> screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying.

Scott

danyexp,

Any concerns about cleaning an ultrabite laptop screen? The ultrabrite
screen is a kind of glossy plastic...not the usual dull finish.

Scott