Gateway Laptop Repair Question

Anyone gotten into replaceing parts in their laptops? I found one that the
modem, ethernet and sound card connections all look like they might be all
on one module and none of them are working. Wondered if it was easy or
difficult to replace if a person could even find the part. Desktops are
more fun to work on!!

Thanks

--
Email no good, reply to group
2 answers Last reply

    JE wrote:
    > Anyone gotten into replacing parts in their laptops? I found one that the
    > modem, ethernet and sound card connections all look like they might be all
    > on one module and none of them are working. Wondered if it was easy or
    > difficult to replace if a person could even find the part. Desktops are
    > more fun to work on!!
    >
    > Thanks

    Replacement parts could be found, but I'd just use PCMIA cards or USB
    devices as a work around.

    I had modem issues on an HP laptop - they shipped me the modem/lan card to
    swap out. It was under its own cover, simple unplug and swap job.

    You might find the part on eBay, or do some searching for online vendors of
    spare parts. Maybe even Gateway itself could sell you the part, if you have
    some spare arms and legs to trade<G>

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Education's purpose is to replace an empty

    "Mortimer" <Mortimer@spamblock.com> wrote in message
    JE wrote:
    > Anyone gotten into replacing parts in their laptops? I found one that the
    > modem, ethernet and sound card connections all look like they might be all
    > on one module and none of them are working. Wondered if it was easy or
    > difficult to replace if a person could even find the part. Desktops are
    > more fun to work on!!
    >
    > Thanks

    Replacement parts could be found, but I'd just use PCMIA cards or USB
    devices as a work around.

Gateway Laptops Computers