cpu for a geeforce 4 ti4400

I had an Atlon xp 1600 (1400mhz) die on me, and now I need a new cpu and
motherboard. I was thinking of a amd sempron 2500 since it has a faster
front side bus and is equivalent to an athlonxp 2100 (more or less). I dont
want to overspend since I will be giving this whole system to my brother in
six months. I dont want a cpu that is so fast to make my geeforce 4 ti
4400 the bottleneck.

any suggestions? is a sempron 2500 a good match? can I go higher without
making my video card the bottleneck?

thanks to all

Vinny

'vincenzo musico' wrote, in part:
| any suggestions? is a sempron 2500 a good match? can I go higher without
| making my video card the bottleneck?

Making your CPU a bottleneck is not necessarily a bad thing. After all,
you're giving it to your brother in six months, then he may wish upgrade
some components.

Phil Weldon

"vincenzo musico" <vinny0505@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I had an Atlon xp 1600 (1400mhz) die on me, and now I need a new cpu and
> motherboard. I was thinking of a amd sempron 2500 since it has a faster
> front side bus and is equivalent to an athlonxp 2100 (more or less). I
> dont
> want to overspend since I will be giving this whole system to my brother
> in
> six months. I dont want a cpu that is so fast to make my geeforce 4 ti
> 4400 the bottleneck.
>
> any suggestions? is a sempron 2500 a good match? can I go higher without
> making my video card the bottleneck?
>
> thanks to all
>
> Vinny

Your videocard already is a bottleneck.
But you still can play some nice games when adding a faster cpu.
And for other applications a faster cpu is always an improvement.