Need help removing old video card drivers....

I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR nVIDIA
GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I want to get a
new video card for it & I know I have to remove the old video card
drivers first.

The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under the
ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one remove the old
video card drivers if they are not listed?

Thanks.

On 26 Jul 2005 07:45:28 -0700, "dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmx.net>
wrote:

>I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR nVIDIA
>GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I want to get a
>new video card for it & I know I have to remove the old video card
>drivers first.
>
>The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under the
>ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one remove the old
>video card drivers if they are not listed?
>
>Thanks.

You can use Driver Cleaner PE to wipeout any existance of
those drivers, or other video drivers as well.

ceebee

"dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmx.net> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR
> nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I
> want to get a new video card for it & I know I have to remove
> the old video card drivers first.
>
> The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under
> the ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one
> remove the old video card drivers if they are not listed?

Go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Open the
video adapter and right click on the video card listed or open the
properties > drivers tab. Here you can choose to uninstall the
drivers.

--
CeeBee

***The cookie has spoken***

Well, a driver is not a 'program' per se in the essence that you won't
find it in the 'add/remove programs' section. To remove a driver:

Go to START, then SETTINGS, then CONTROL PANEL
Select the SYSTEM icon
Click the HARDWARE tab and select DEVICE MANAGER.
Go to the category of driver you want to work with (ie: display
adapters) and click on it to show the drivers under that category.
Select the driver you want to remove and RIGHT CLICK
Select UNINSTALL.

Regards,
L P

--
legacy_programmer

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

On 26 Jul 2005 15:32:02 GMT, CeeBee <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote:

>"dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmx.net> wrote in
>alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
>
>> I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR
>> nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I
>> want to get a new video card for it & I know I have to remove
>> the old video card drivers first.
>>
>> The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under
>> the ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one
>> remove the old video card drivers if they are not listed?
>

>Go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Open the
>video adapter and right click on the video card listed or open the
>properties > drivers tab. Here you can choose to uninstall the
>drivers.

Use this as its the Best.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/