Need help removing old video card drivers....

I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR nVIDIA
GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I want to get a
new video card for it & I know I have to remove the old video card
drivers first.

The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under the
ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one remove the old
video card drivers if they are not listed?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about need removing video card drivers

    On 26 Jul 2005 07:45:28 -0700, "dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmx.net>
    wrote:

    >I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR nVIDIA
    >GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I want to get a
    >new video card for it & I know I have to remove the old video card
    >drivers first.
    >
    >The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under the
    >ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one remove the old
    >video card drivers if they are not listed?
    >
    >Thanks.

    You can use Driver Cleaner PE to wipeout any existance of
    those drivers, or other video drivers as well.

    "dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmx.net> wrote in
    alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

    > I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR
    > nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I
    > want to get a new video card for it & I know I have to remove
    > the old video card drivers first.
    >
    > The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under
    > the ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one
    > remove the old video card drivers if they are not listed?

    Go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Open the
    video adapter and right click on the video card listed or open the
    properties > drivers tab. Here you can choose to uninstall the
    drivers.

    --
    CeeBee

    ***The cookie has spoken***

    Well, a driver is not a 'program' per se in the essence that you won't
    find it in the 'add/remove programs' section. To remove a driver:

    Go to START, then SETTINGS, then CONTROL PANEL
    Select the SYSTEM icon
    Click the HARDWARE tab and select DEVICE MANAGER.
    Go to the category of driver you want to work with (ie: display
    adapters) and click on it to show the drivers under that category.
    Select the driver you want to remove and RIGHT CLICK
    Select UNINSTALL.

    Regards,
    L P

    --
    legacy_programmer

    On 26 Jul 2005 15:32:02 GMT, CeeBee <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote:

    >"dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmx.net> wrote in
    >alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
    >
    >> I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR
    >> nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I
    >> want to get a new video card for it & I know I have to remove
    >> the old video card drivers first.
    >>
    >> The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under
    >> the ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one
    >> remove the old video card drivers if they are not listed?
    >

    >Go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Open the
    >video adapter and right click on the video card listed or open the
    >properties > drivers tab. Here you can choose to uninstall the
    >drivers.

    Use this as its the Best.

    http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Nvidia Drivers Graphics Cards Graphics